New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Adrian Allan

New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Post by Adrian Allan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 am

I have recently published a book of duets for pupil and teacher

http://www.lulu.com/shop/adrian-allan/g ... 43777.html

The aim was to have melody lines for pupils that are limited to the first position, but teacher parts that are musically interesting and well arranged for the guitar.

Here is a sample:
sally gdns2.png
There is a distinct lack of such books on the market, even though the approach for single line melody playing for pupils was proposed by the main UK exam boards twenty years ago, as an alternative to solo pieces - and to improve ensemble skills. There are also notes on all of the pieces and instructions for playing.

I am confident that people will like this book and find it very useful. So much so, that if you send me a Private Message, I will email you the first eleven pages/ four songs from the book for free - and if you like it, you can order the proper physical book.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Adrian Allan on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

igycrctl

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - free PDF

Post by igycrctl » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:52 am

So it's not really free.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:10 am

sorry repeat post
Last edited by Adrian Allan on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:12 am

Adrian Allan wrote:
igycrctl wrote:So it's not really free.
Yes, some of it is

After all the work I put into this publication, sorry if you felt I was deceiving you for offering a third of it for no cost.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:26 am

Wow. That's not very gracious. There I was thinking that was very nice of Adrian.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:28 am

petermc61 wrote:
Wow. That's not very gracious. There I was thinking that was very nice of Adrian.
I have changed the word "free" to "sample" in case anybody thinks I'm a ruthless capitalist intent on ripping people off.

Adrian Allan

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:33 am

Anybody who uses Box.com can simply download it from this link

This makes it a bit easier than exchanging email addresses etc and attaching a PDF

https://app.box.com/s/6bygaz90vn8sapack4upcyxjpk7lit5z

igycrctl

Post by igycrctl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:28 am

Adrian Allan wrote:
petermc61 wrote:
I have changed the word "free" to "sample" in case anybody thinks I'm a ruthless capitalist intent on ripping people off.
Nothing wrong with charging money for your hard work, of course, but "free" means something that is different from what you originally posted. Please don't pretend differently. Also, I thought no "commercial" posts were allowed on this forum. Somebody please explain to me why this is acceptable.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:58 am

Have a look down the page, there are lots of announcements for new CDs (with purchase links) and offers for people to study online with teachers all of which are obviously commercial.

I think you need to complain about some of the more important things in life.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:12 am

Adrian Allan wrote: There is a distinct lack of such books on the market, even though the approach for single line melody playing for pupils was proposed by the main UK exam boards twenty years ago, as an alternative to solo pieces - and to improve ensemble skills.
Totally agree. It's the principal approach I take in my own teaching, and yes, there is a dearth of interesting books out there which take this crucial approach. I'll definitely download the free sample (thank you very much for that) and I'll buy the book if it works for me.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 am

Denian Arcoleo wrote:
Adrian Allan wrote: There is a distinct lack of such books on the market, even though the approach for single line melody playing for pupils was proposed by the main UK exam boards twenty years ago, as an alternative to solo pieces - and to improve ensemble skills.
Totally agree. It's the principal approach I take in my own teaching, and yes, there is a dearth of interesting books out there which take this crucial approach. I'll definitely download the free sample (thank you very much for that) and I'll buy the book if it works for me.
Many thanks

If you find anything that could be improved on, please let me know.

Because this book is self published, I have the flexibility to make unlimited changes.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:25 am

igycrctl wrote:
Adrian Allan wrote:
petermc61 wrote:
Nothing wrong with charging money for your hard work, of course, but "free" means something that is different from what you originally posted. Please don't pretend differently. Also, I thought no "commercial" posts were allowed on this forum. Somebody please explain to me why this is acceptable.
Wow, again. Even less gracious this time.

You get 4 songs for free and you are still complaining. Because you think the original title suggested you get everything free? Now you shift the focus to complain about Adrian's posting this, which is within the rules as I understand. Sheesh.

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:30 am

And I did change the title to "sample" from "free" to make it clear I wasn't ripping people off here!

I should have taken up a career in Double Glazing or Timeshares - I'm obviously of the money grabbing mindset.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:15 am

Adrian Allan wrote:- I'm obviously of the money grabbing mindset.
none of us here are that...after all, we play classical guitar. :D

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:28 am

Denian Arcoleo wrote:
Adrian Allan wrote:- I'm obviously of the money grabbing mindset.
none of us here are that...after all, we play classical guitar. :D
Yes , I would say that the time spent: money received ratio is a little on the lowish-side!

Return to “Members' Announcements”