New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
igycrctl
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - free PDF

Post by igycrctl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:29 pm

petermc61 wrote:
igycrctl wrote:
Adrian Allan wrote:
I have changed the word "free" to "sample" in case anybody thinks I'm a ruthless capitalist intent on ripping people off.
Nothing wrong with charging money for your hard work, of course, but "free" means something that is different from what you originally posted. Please don't pretend differently. Also, I thought no "commercial" posts were allowed on this forum. Somebody please explain to me why this is acceptable.
Wow, again. Even less gracious this time.

You get 4 songs for free and you are still complaining. Because you think the original title suggested you get everything free? Now you shift the focus to complain about Adrian's posting this, which is within the rules as I understand. Sheesh.
You are correct, I was mistaken as to which forum this was posted in, ads are acceptable here. And I appreciate the change in the language. Also, I never said Adrian was a 'money grabber" or a "ruthless capitalist", and this is a very weak attempt at a straw man. I also sometimes forget that this is an international forum and English is not everyone's first language. If this was the case I apologize, However, even Adrian saw that the language could be deceptive, which is why he changed it. Not claiming this was done with malice, Just that when I saw the original post subject I thought one thing and was surprised that it was, in fact, something else.

Also, Peter, thanks for your constructive comments. I will be a much better person now due to your criticism.

User avatar
Adrian Allan
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - free PDF

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:45 pm

igycrctl wrote:
petermc61 wrote:
igycrctl wrote: Nothing wrong with charging money for your hard work, of course, but "free" means something that is different from what you originally posted. Please don't pretend differently. Also, I thought no "commercial" posts were allowed on this forum. Somebody please explain to me why this is acceptable.
Wow, again. Even less gracious this time.

You get 4 songs for free and you are still complaining. Because you think the original title suggested you get everything free? Now you shift the focus to complain about Adrian's posting this, which is within the rules as I understand. Sheesh.
You are correct, I was mistaken as to which forum this was posted in, ads are acceptable here. And I appreciate the change in the language. Also, I never said Adrian was a 'money grabber" or a "ruthless capitalist", and this is a very weak attempt at a straw man. I also sometimes forget that this is an international forum and English is not everyone's first language. If this was the case I apologize, However, even Adrian saw that the language could be deceptive, which is why he changed it. Not claiming this was done with malice, Just that when I saw the original post subject I thought one thing and was surprised that it was, in fact, something else.

Also, Peter, thanks for your constructive comments. I will be a much better person now due to your criticism.
Cheers

Time to move on
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

Lawler
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Post by Lawler » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Nice work on the duets, Adrian. Reading through a couple of these in my head, they're well done duet arrangements with quite a good sounding accompaniment. I'm looking forward to playing through them.

As well as their intended use for student reading in the first position, arrangements like these I've found to be very effective for intermediate students for use in upper position reading. And the accompaniments are good for intermediate students to learn for the purpose of having easily understood discussions of harmony. Thanks.
"I got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell." Christopher Walken

User avatar
Adrian Allan
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Lawler wrote:Nice work on the duets, Adrian. Reading through a couple of these in my head, they're well done duet arrangements with quite a good sounding accompaniment. I'm looking forward to playing through them.

As well as their intended use for student reading in the first position, arrangements like these I've found to be very effective for intermediate students for use in upper position reading. And the accompaniments are good for intermediate students to learn for the purpose of having easily understood discussions of harmony. Thanks.
Thanks for your kind comments.
The aim was to provide harmonic interest (eg. Diminished chords, inversions up the fretboard at times) without straying too far from what is suitable for folk songs.

Please also check out the Robert Burns post as well; there is a free sample on that thread, too. The second half of the book is the same songs re-arranged to fit a range above middle c for the melody - so it can also be used as duets for pupil and teacher.
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

User avatar
Adrian Allan
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am

Re: New book available - classical guitar teacher and pupil duets - sample PDF

Post by Adrian Allan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:13 am

Did anybody download these and have a go at playing them?

Feedback much appreciated
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

Return to “Members' Announcements”