Daniel Estrem's recordings of my 24 preludes and fugues (in 2 volumes) are now up at Magnatune

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Jeremiah Lawson

Daniel Estrem's recordings of my 24 preludes and fugues (in 2 volumes) are now up at Magnatune

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 am

Daniel let me know that as of this week both volumes 1 and 2 of my 24 preludes and fugues are up at Magnatune.

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/est ... udesfugues
http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/estrem-lawsonvoltwo

So for those who have looked through the scores posted here at Delcamp that would like to know how they sound, Daniel did a wonderful job bringing them to life.

Not sure when they become available to purchase elsewhere besides Magnatune but I've asked that when they are available they do so simultaneously. There's no fixed/prescribed order for the cycle. You could play through/listen through in the ascending chromatic "Bach" order. You could go with the Chopin/Shostakovich order. You could go with the Castelnuovo-Tedesco version of key relationships. You could even try for a Nikolai Kapustin pattern of a reversed circle of fifths alternating with the minor key of the augmented fifth/flattened median. I was thinking that in the era of the playlist it doesn't really matter precisely what order the cycle is played through or listened through.

Thanks to the Delcamp forum for giving me a space to publish both the solo and duet versions of the cycle and thanks to Daniel Estrem for being willing to record the cycle. :)

rojarosguitar

Re: Daniel Estrem's recordings of my 24 preludes and fugues (in 2 volumes) are now up at Magnatune

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 am

Ist there anywhere a complete collection of the scores of the 14 preludes and fugues to be found?
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

David_Norton

Re: Daniel Estrem's recordings of my 24 preludes and fugues (in 2 volumes) are now up at Magnatune

Post by David_Norton » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Congratulations on getting a player of Estrem's skill to record these for you.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:47 am

thanks, David

rojarosguitar, the entire cycle is actually here at Delcamp in its solo and duet forms. You might have to go hunt them down in the "our scores" section but they're all over there.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:04 am

Do you have a list of them to help to identify them, by any chance?

Or, if I may make a suggestion: how would be that, if you put all the pieces in one collection and publish the pdf of that collection? Just an idea...
Many thanks anyway!
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

They're all over here
viewforum.php?f=12
and identified by the conventions stipulated by Delcamp, I'm just not sure the rules would permit a member to post a single 90 to 110 page document up there. I asked for permission to pair the preludes and fugues and felt like that was a pretty generous dispensation. I'm not sure I want to test the boundaries even further by asking if I could just post a 90 page PDF doc.

ric2801

Post by ric2801 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Jeremiah Lawson, what a amazing music and interpretation.
Congratulations to both of you, and thanks for share it with us. :casque: :merci: :bravo:

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks, I think I now have found all of them.
Will see if I can play some of these marvellous compositions at least...

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:16 am

They're all tricky but the ones in C major and F sharp major are probably the easiest to pick up. I'm hoping to film the F sharp major when I can and post that online.

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:06 am

slight update. The albums are available as digital download albums from ... some places I won't actually name but you probably can find them. So it's more than just the streaming option as of this week if you're not already subscribed to Magnatune.

Return to “Members' Announcements”