New Classical Guitar Arrangements Available!

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Matthew Stidham

New Classical Guitar Arrangements Available!

Postby Matthew Stidham » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Today I'm announcing the release of two of my arrangements that I've performed with others many times.

The first is a beautiful guitar trio version of Mozart's Adagio for Glass Harmonica K.356/617a. If you've never heard this gem you're missing out on a beautiful example of Mozart's genius in creating beauty in simplicity. This is a very playable arrangement where all three players get their opportunity with the melody. Comes with a complete score, as well as three individual parts!

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/adagio-in-c-for-guitar-trio-guitar-ensemble-digital-sheet-music/20339804?ac=1&_requestid=11541681

The second was arranged for my wife (an oboist) and I to play in recitals and is a staple of the oboe repertoire, though it also works quite well with flute or violin. Arioso by Joseph-Hector Fiocco is a short piece (only 19 measures in length) but is full of Baroque charm and elegance. The guitar accompaniment is a nice touch to this piece and the combination of oboe and guitar has a pleasing tonal quality.

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/arioso-for-oboe-with-guitar-accompaniment-digital-sheet-music/20339774?ac=1&_requestid=11547477

Previews of the scores are available on the website. I hope you find these arrangements enjoyable!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Return to “Members' Announcements”