New home for my Garrett Lee guitar

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Christopher Freitag

New home for my Garrett Lee guitar

Post by Christopher Freitag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I was lucky enough to find a used Acoustic Remedy cabinet in excellent condition. I picked it up on Sunday and had it on the wall that afternoon. Very solid build quality and maintaining 47% with two Humidipacks.
IMG_0828.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris Freitag
cjfguitar

2013 German Vasquez Rubio Concert Special "Bernardi"; German spruce/Brazilian rosewood
2014 Garrett (Gary) Lee spruce/cedar double top; Brazilian rosewood

bacsidoan

Re: New home for my Garrett Lee guitar

Post by bacsidoan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Looking great Chris. Cherry wood? I have two suggestions:

1. Do you have a Caliber IV hygrometer inside? That way you can be aware of the relative humidity without opening the case.
2. Glue a thick, slightly larger felt tape to the cork piece to provide more protection to the delicate back of your guitar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christopher Freitag

Post by Christopher Freitag » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:47 pm

bacsidoan wrote:Looking great Chris. Cherry wood? I have two suggestions:

1. Do you have a Caliber IV hygrometer inside? That way you can be aware of the relative humidity without opening the case.
2. Glue a thick, slightly larger felt tape to the cork piece to provide more protection to the delicate back of your guitar.
Thanks. It's Northen Ash...I am not sure why my camera gave it that reddish cast.

I do have a hygrometer insider so I can see the RH. And I have a nice thick foam bumper (an unused chunk of lining from my BAM case) to protect the back.
Chris Freitag
cjfguitar

2013 German Vasquez Rubio Concert Special "Bernardi"; German spruce/Brazilian rosewood
2014 Garrett (Gary) Lee spruce/cedar double top; Brazilian rosewood

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 pm

That's a very nice humidified home for your classical guitar! It looks great and displays your guitar very nicely! Thank you for posting it!

Return to “Members' Announcements”