Julian Bream and John Williams- new album

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Gary Macleod

Julian Bream and John Williams- new album

Postby Gary Macleod » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Bream and Williams team up for one final album/tour to raise funds for 80 meter statue of John Dowland in central London, Williams says "it was a tough decision but we decided to record the complete works of John Cage for two guitars" . Bream is being given a loan of the Segovia Hauser for the project and claims "it goes all the way to 11 '

spanishguitarmusic

Re: Julian Bream and John Williams- new album

Postby spanishguitarmusic » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm

Wow, this is really good news for a new album! I love this two artists and can't wait to hear this new album! Thank you for sharing this information Gary.

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:34 am

I hope they have time to put together a two guitar version of 4'33". I did an arrangement with a friend but we ending up arguing about who would take the first guitar part so we never (didn't) perform it together. :roll:

Whiteagle

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:33 am

Its after 12 noon so I can't comment. Actually how do we decide when April fools day is over in an international forum?

joachim33

Postby joachim33 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:10 am

Gary Macleod wrote:Bream and Williams team up for one final album/tour to raise funds for 80 meter statue of John Dowland in central London, Williams says "it was a tough decision but we decided to record the complete works of John Cage for two guitars" . Bream is being given a loan of the Segovia Hauser for the project and claims "it goes all the way to 11 '

Thanks for reminding me on today's date. I had forgotten.

Gary Macleod

Postby Gary Macleod » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 am

petermc61 wrote:I hope they have time to put together a two guitar version of 4'33". I did an arrangement with a friend but we ending up arguing about who would take the first guitar part so we never (didn't) perform it together. :roll:

The duet version is 8'66'm

pogmoor

Postby pogmoor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am

Whiteagle wrote:Actually how do we decide when April fools day is over in an international forum?

By special dispensation, here on Delcamp, April 1st will last until every part of the globe has passed 12 midnight - whenever that is :?
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

Whiteagle

Postby Whiteagle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:Actually how do we decide when April fools day is over in an international forum?

By special dispensation, here on Delcamp, April 1st will last until every part of the globe has passed 12 midnight - whenever that is :?

Yes but April fools days jokes must stop at 12 noon, lest the joker become the fool! I will remain on high alert nonetheless! :D :D :D

Return to “Members' Announcements”