Show the process

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Lawler

Re: Show the process

Post by Lawler » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 am

I loved seeing the Philip Rosheger manuscript.

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:58 pm

What a dream team, I came across Sasha Savaloni a couple of years ago, very nice guy. By the way, Harrison arranged by Tannenbaum, is that in equal temperament? The sample pages on sheet music plus are in equal temperament as far as I can tell. Just being aware of Lou Harrison been keen on just intonation and John Schneider recording his guitar pieces on guitars with microtonal fretboards. Interesting to see Lou Harrison published by Sophocles Papas' company!
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Lawler wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:23 am
I loved seeing the Philip Rosheger manuscript.
I loved playing from it, such nice tender markings on it.

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:33 pm

sxedio wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:58 pm
What a dream team, I came across Sasha Savaloni a couple of years ago, very nice guy. By the way, Harrison arranged by Tannenbaum, is that in equal temperament? The sample pages on sheet music plus are in equal temperament as far as I can tell. Just being aware of Lou Harrison been keen on just intonation and John Schneider recording his guitar pieces on guitars with microtonal fretboards. Interesting to see Lou Harrison published by Sophocles Papas' company!
Was great fun! For the Harrison I didn’t use a microtonal fretboard, not a big fan of that sound. The pieces sound really beautiful on standard classical so I was happy to present them like that.

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 pm

The process is compete, my new album is out today! :D

More info here: http://barosrecords.com/americancollection

An all American Collection of music for solo guitar featuring works by composers Chick Corea, Ralph Towner, Philip Rosheger, Lou Harrison and Frank Zappa alongside a Guitar Quartet recording of the Mishima Quartet by Philip Glass.

Video Single: Oleander Etude - Ralph Towner

Youtube

Soon to follow is a 'Making Of' documentary which will fill in the last parts of the process behind making this new album.

Thanks for following on the thread here and I hope you enjoy the album and add it to your collection.

Matthew :D

Ledhand75

Post by Ledhand75 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 am

Wow, these clips are really inspiring Matthew. Thanks for allowing us this glimpse into your creative process. You sound fantastic. I will be sure to purchase the recording when it’s available on iTunes.

I have fond attachments to the classical guitar in Glasgow, having having attended many of the Oatridge International Guitar Festivals with Peter and Tracey Stewart. Very warm memories of the people and the country!

Best,

Gary

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am

Ledhand75 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 am
Wow, these clips are really inspiring Matthew. Thanks for allowing us this glimpse into your creative process. You sound fantastic. I will be sure to purchase the recording when it’s available on iTunes.

I have fond attachments to the classical guitar in Glasgow, having having attended many of the Oatridge International Guitar Festivals with Peter and Tracey Stewart. Very warm memories of the people and the country!

Best,

Gary
Thanks Gary! More snippets into the Making Of Celtic Collection coming soon. I know Peter well and have heard many tales from the Oatridge days!

Best wishes,

Matthew

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

The 'Making Of American Collection' has just been released, lots of insights into the recording process, enjoy!

Youtube

I hope you choose to add this album to your collection, take advantage of the introductory discounted price till 22nd December.

http://barosrecords.com/americancollection

Best wishes and thanks for your support,

Matthew

:casque: :merci:

Ledhand75

Post by Ledhand75 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi Matthew,

Did the release date for iTunes change? I was hoping to download it this evening. I greatly enjoyed what I heard of Ralph Towner’s Oleander Etude in the film. Beautifully played! I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with Oregon many years ago.

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Ledhand75 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 pm
Hi Matthew,

Did the release date for iTunes change? I was hoping to download it this evening. I greatly enjoyed what I heard of Ralph Towner’s Oleander Etude in the film. Beautifully played! I had the pleasure of seeing him perform with Oregon many years ago.

Hi,

The album should be live for streaming on itunes and spotify etc from the 1st of January, it can take a bit of time for everything to be processed up there and I am sure the time of year slows things down a bit. You can get the digital copy immediately from Baros records though and import into iTunes etc... http://barosrecords.com/americancollection Higher quality sound files with Baros and better for the artist ;-)

Towner is a hero of mine and there are a few other tracks by him on the album. Looking forward to hearing your feedback when you have heard the album.

Matthew :)

Return to “Members' Announcements”