Presenting finale for my in-process Guitar Sonata in D minor, Seattle Composers' Salone July 7, 2017

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
Jeremiah Lawson

Presenting finale for my in-process Guitar Sonata in D minor, Seattle Composers' Salone July 7, 2017

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 am

http://www.composersalon.com/2017/06/co ... -2017.html

Composers' Salon | Friday, July 7, 2017

An evening of music and discussion with Seattle composers:

Keith Eisenbrey
Jay Hamilton
Jessi Harvey
Jeremiah Lawson
Clement Reid

Friday, July 7, 2017, 8 pm
Chapel Performance Space
4649 Sunnyside Ave N, 4th Floor
$5–15 suggested donation

I'll be playing the finale for my in-progress Guitar Sonata in D minor (in open D tuning). This finale is technically movements 3 and 4 of the sonata. The two movements can be played as a single unit or the fourth movement can be played as a stand-alone movement. This is in open D tuning because this is what I call "slide guitar sonata #2", an homage to the great Gospel blues slide guitarist and singer Blind Willie Johnson. There will be more notes on what is going on in the piece at the salon blog later. This will be the third guitar sonata I've composed since the middle of 2015 that explores the formal and developmental possibilities of a fusion of ragtime and blues idioms with sonata forms.

Return to “Members' Announcements”