Zavaleta's Youtube Channel

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
zavaletas

Zavaleta's Youtube Channel

Post by zavaletas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 pm

We have professional recordings made of all the guitars that come through our hands, and make them available on youtube. You will find this an invaluable resource-- great performances and a vast selection of classical and flamenco guitars from 1761 to the present represented. Hours of music.

https://www.youtube.com/user/guitarsZAVALETA/videos
James, Zavaleta's La Casa de Guitarras

simonm

Re: Zavaleta's Youtube Channel

Post by simonm » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks for that.

When I rediscovered my guitar building hobby and was planning what plan to use (from Courtnall's book) I listened to lots of the mp3 on your old site (a decade or more ago) and was particularly taken by the three Santos Hernandez sound samples a few related ones such as Esteso and early Ramirez recordings and ever since have been attempting to go in that kind of direction. So I for one find such compilations useful especially where there are different styles (flamenco/classical) played on the same instrument.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Re: Zavaleta's Youtube Channel

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:15 pm

It is too simple to say just "Thank You". I would like to point out the educational aspect of these recordings. It is of speccial importance to us who live and study guitar in a, say, "distant places". Thanks to these recordings students of guitar may learn on gitars and makers that they know sometime only from written/printed sources.

Thank you so much.
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.

Return to “Members' Announcements”