pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
pogmoor

pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Post by pogmoor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 pm

I have posted a major update of my website, Guitar Loot. This contains my guitar arrangements of Renaissance and Baroque Lute Music and includes quite a lot of information about the music and its composers. All the music files are free and are in pdf format and/or Sibelius Scorch.

My main purpose with this site is to provide guitar arrangements of music that I haven’t found published elsewhere or where I think there needs to be an alternative to existing versions.

I've moved the site to new software (RapidWeaver) which makes it easier to update, made some alterations to the way it is organised and added some new pieces. I've got quite a few more pieces in preparation, so if you are interested in this type of music check on the site from time to time or subscribe to the blog page RSS feed where I will post news of updates

There are sections on the site for 10-string guitar music and ensemble pieces, though each of these has only one piece at present - watch out for more in the future. A few pieces are also posted in lute tablature where the original sources are unclear.

Find Guitar Loot at http://www.guitarloot.co.uk

:guitare:
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Doog

Re: Guitar Loot Website Updated

Post by Doog » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Greetings 'pogmoor',

Nice site, great music.

Thank you.

Doog

ramsnake

Post by ramsnake » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:14 pm

Wow! What a treasure trove of music to explore! Thank you!
Surfing equates to living in the very moment of 'now'. When you ride a wave, you leave behind all things important and unimportant, the purity of the moment is upon you. Bill Hamilton (Kauai, Hawaii)

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:46 pm

pogmoor wrote:I have posted a major update of my website...
Thank you so much, this is very kind of you,

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:26 am

:merci:

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Thanks for your kind comments folks :D
Today I have posted a page of duets (14 in all) plus a page with three trios.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

owl

Post by owl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:23 am

Great stuff Eric!
Ta muchly :mrgreen:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

tom jobim

Post by tom jobim » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 am

Hi Pogmoor,
Truly awesome!! :merci: :merci: :bravo:
peace, sven

Steven_Morgan

Post by Steven_Morgan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Very nice site Pogmoor! I'm looking forward to checking out some of the transcriptions.
I like the layout/design also. Very classy.

S.Morgan

sxdcfv

Post by sxdcfv » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Agreed, great site. Excellent source for my son and I to find duets to play together.

anatem

Post by anatem » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Great stuff, keep it up :merci:

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 pm

More to come - when I can get round to it :)
Eric from GuitarLoot

pogmoor

Re: GuitarLoot website updated

Post by pogmoor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:25 pm

My website, GuitarLoot.org has suffered a bit from neglect in the last couple of years, but recently I started adding to it. I revised a few pieces earlier in the year and added a fantasia from the Nuremberg Lute Book in March. I've also added a couple of pieces of work I did for an Open University Master's Degree in Music, namely:

1) A 5,000 word project entitled:
John Dowland, John Danyel, Daniel Bacheler; the Issue of Attribution in Golden Age English Lute Music.

2) A dissertation entitled:
The English Solo Lyra Viol: A 21st Century Perspective on a 17th Century Musical Instrument.

Today I have updated the site further by adding a page with 9 solo pieces by Francis Cutting. On this page I've also adopted a couple of innovations:

Firstly I've continued to post the music as PDF files, but rather than adding Scorch files I have started including MIDI files and Music XML files. Scorch seems increasingly to be an abandoned format and MIDI and XML should allow readers to hear roughly what the music sounds like and also make it available to load into any notation software for anyone who wants to make modifications to the arrangements.

Secondly, several people have suggested to me that I should include grades for the pieces and I've therefore started including the same grades that are found here on Delcamp (D01 - D10). Of course gradings are very subjective, but they should give some indication of the difficulty of individual pieces.

At present these changes are only found on the Cutting page, but I hope to gradually introduce them elsewhere.

Find the site by clicking on the WWW link under my Avatar.

:guitare:
Eric from GuitarLoot

Bernhard Heimann

Re: pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Eric,

thank you for adding some more treasures to your site.
Just a small hint: Two links to PDF files on the "What's New" page don't work:

Courante (Volte) (Bacheler) In G: [Scorch] [pdf] In E:[Scorch] [pdf]

Bernhard

pogmoor

Re: pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Post by pogmoor » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks Bernhard :D

It's great when people let me know about mistakes or omissions. It's a nightmare keeping everything working on a website :chaud:

I've revised the way this piece is presented, as I'm moving from PDF plus Scorch to PDF plus MIDI plus Music XML - Scorch looks increasingly like a file format that is being abandoned by Sibelius. I'm also making use of a new feature in the latest version of Rapidweaver that improves the way files are stored. Hopefully the links to the files that have been moved over will be more reliable.
Eric from GuitarLoot

Return to “Members' Announcements”