pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
pogmoor

Re: pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Post by pogmoor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:37 pm

I am in the process of rewriting my site, Guitar Loot, in new software. I got fed up with using the Mac program RapidWeaver and decided to try Sandvox because it's even more WYSIWYG than RapidWeaver and it handles links much better. As there are hundreds of links in the site that is one of my main requirements of a program!

The existing site is still available at http://guitarloot.org.uk/ but you can now find the new version, still under construction, at http://guitarloot.org.uk/demo/. I will continue to update the new version and replace the old site when all the pages have had their initial rewrite.

There are quite a few new pieces on the new site, but I haven't written the index yet and not all the links (internal and external) work. Once the new version is fully up and running I will gradually add more pieces as I have got a number new arrangements that I haven't had yet time to process for the site.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:23 pm

excellent, Eric. Great stuff you have there , thank you :D

andries veldhuis

Post by andries veldhuis » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Great site, thank you, Andries

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 pm

At last I have managed to post the rewritten version of my Guitar Loot website. You can find it at the address previously occupied by the old version, http://guitarloot.org.uk or by googling.

I haven't yet managed to rewrite all the pages that need attention but there are plenty of new pieces and I have many more to add in due course - so if you are interested keep your eye on the site.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:16 am

Hello Eric,
Thanks for the great site. I downloaded some of the songs and printed them out and will play tomorrow. Please add as many low level pieces as possible.
Thanks again,
David V. :casque:
3 hard things for humans to do: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Carrillo Grand Concert '02
Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:42 am

Congratulations pogmoor for a wonderful site. It is very informative and I will visit again to browse it in detail because it is very interesting. Thumbs up, excellent work and highly recommendable to all our friends, all best!!!

David Gutowski

Post by David Gutowski » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 am

Been using it...thanks again.
3 hard things for humans to do: dentist visit, public speaking, offering forgiveness.

Carrillo Grand Concert '02
Yulong Guo Chamber '17
Bozo 135 '70
Washburn Rover R020
Paulino Bernabe 10 '12
Jose Ramirez 125 '10
Hernandes '73
Lake #1 '72

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 am

Wonderful site, Eric. That's a lot of work you have done! Very impressive. Good to see the music of John Wilson getting attention. I just have two technical questions: when writing lute tablature, how did you get the numbers for the lower courses below the tab? And do you have any idea how to notate a minim or longer in Sibelius tablature?

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am

After further exploration of the site, I see you have addressed my questions. I have Fronimo, which is wonderful for lute tab, but poor for standard notation, so can you give me advice on how to import Fronimo fonts into Sibelius? I have Sibelius 6 on an iMac, but I run Fronimo (which doesn't come in a Mac version) on my iMac through Parallels.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks for your kind words about my site, Rob :)

I can't quite remember how I managed to get Fronimo fonts to work in Sibelius as it was several years ago when I did it. With some of them I think it was just a matter of making sure that the font files included a version in the right format (.ttf) though I may have used a font utility for converting to .ttf (the free FontForge should do it).

I've got Fronimo 3 which I run via VMWare Fusion, but I don't use it much. If I want to make an arrangement from a Fronimo file I use Save As to create a Midi file and then open it in Sibelius. The result needs dropping an octave and for some reason the instrument is given as Pedal Steel Guitar - and of course it needs quite a bit of editing to make a sensible arrangement.

Have you looked at writing lute tablature in MuseScore? Their lute fonts look pretty good, though I haven't explored how to write the bass courses.
Eric from GuitarLoot

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Bass courses are the main problem, and I haven't found a way to do it successfully in MuseScore or Sibelius.

Thanks for your comments, which I'll take time to consider.

cadiz

Post by cadiz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi Rob,
With MuseScore, you can get: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=116135

For playback (and download in various formats), the link to the musescore.com website: https://musescore.com/user/44845/scores/4812314

You can receive other display (font/size etc.) but I don't own the facsimile, so.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Looks good. Is it quick and easy to write the bass notes?

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm

cadiz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm
Hi Rob,
With MuseScore, you can get: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=116135

For playback (and download in various formats), the link to the musescore.com website: https://musescore.com/user/44845/scores/4812314

You can receive other display (font/size etc.) but I don't own the facsimile, so.
That's excellent, cadiz; it illustrates that MuseScore is a better option for lute tablature than Sibelius - even the latest Sib 8.5. It's particularly noticeable that the lower basses do playback in the online score a feature that Sibelius does not have. Is this a function of the score itself or the way it is rendered on the Muscore.com site? Can I also ask how you go about entering the lower bass notes? (Same question that Rob has asked, I see.)
Eric from GuitarLoot

cadiz

Post by cadiz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Yes, I could explain how to enter the lower bass notes.
But the .mscz format is not allowed on this forum: I own samples, templates, files etc.
Let me think how to do in another way. I am busy right now, sorry. I will have more time from Thursday.

Return to “Members' Announcements”