pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
pogmoor

Re: pogmoor - GuitarLoot updated

Post by pogmoor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 pm

cadiz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Let me think how to do in another way. I am busy right now, sorry. I will have more time from Thursday.
OK thanks. We considered permitting .mscz filesd on the forum, but settled on allowing Music XML files instead as this is becoming the de fact music exchange format.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay, thanks, appreciated.

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:34 pm
If I want to make an arrangement from a Fronimo file I use Save As to create a Midi file and then open it in Sibelius. The result needs dropping an octave and for some reason the instrument is given as Pedal Steel Guitar - and of course it needs quite a bit of editing to make a sensible arrangement.
I was thinking this would have something to do with the General midi standard, but neither pedal steel nor lute are defined in it, so it must be that fronimo and sibelius extend the standard, each in their own way. And I guess that they use the same program number, in the case of fronimo for lute, in the case of sibelius for pedal steel.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

cadiz

Post by cadiz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

I found this morning a moment to make a tutorial about how enter lower bass notes with MuseScore (pdf format)
See: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=116135&p=1236039#p1236039

Let me know if something is unclear, or if you are having trouble somewhere or for something.
I can answer you here, or feel free to ask for help on the MuseScore forum: https://musescore.org/en/forum/11
The MuseScore community is just amazing ...

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am

Thank you, that's brilliant. I'll try and find time to have a good look later today.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Return to “Members' Announcements”