Losy, J. A. - Partita in A minor, Aria - Video

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
bhujay

Losy, J. A. - Partita in A minor, Aria - Video

Post by bhujay » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello Everybody , tried recording one small piece . I love this Aria very much , hope you will like it and will suggest areas of improvement

Thanks

Youtube

DevonBadger

Re: Logy, Johann Anton - Partia in A minor , Aria - Video

Post by DevonBadger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Bhujay, nicely done.

It's one of my favourites too... achingly beautiful.

One of the things I try to do is change the dynamics during the repeats. For example, play the repeat of a section much quieter than the 1st time you played it, or vice versa.

spanishguitarmusic

Re: Losy, J. A. - Partita in A minor, Aria - Video

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Very nice piece and playing as well, it sounds really good! Thank you for sharing this video of you playing it!

bhujay

Post by bhujay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks DevonBadger . tried your idea and it sounded much more expressive.

bhujay

Post by bhujay » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks spanishguitarmusic for your encouraging comments

RHSOldboy

Post by RHSOldboy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:41 am

Thank you, Bluejay! I truly enjoyed your performance of this beautiful piece of music.
Thank you for posting.

bhujay

Post by bhujay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am

thanks RHSOldboy for listening and your encouraging comment

MarcusStrand

Post by MarcusStrand » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Nicely played! You create a solemn mood with good tone fitting the aria.
I would suggest trying to keep the melody lines a bit more together, sometimes you let go of the melody finger shortening the note and cutting up the phrase. Such as in the second bar, the A should sound all the way to G sharp so make that transition as smooth as possible.
Same thing in the syncopated parts (bar 3 for example), try to get the fingers to move individually so that you don't release the melody finger just because you move the bass finger, and vice versa.

bhujay

Post by bhujay » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:11 am

Hi MarcusStrand, so nice of you for taking time and providing guidance . I will definitely try this over this week end . Looking forward to get more such advise in future

Thanks a lot again
Bhujay

Anastas

Re: Logy, Johann Anton - Partia in A minor , Aria - Video

Post by Anastas » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:30 am

DevonBadger wrote: One of the things I try to do is change the dynamics during the repeats. For example, play the repeat of a section much quieter than the 1st time you played it, or vice versa.
I would add to this point some suggestion- why don't you try to change a timbre when repeat a section- for example quieter-mild tone, near to the neck(sul tasto) That can make the difference between repetitions more clear.

I like your playing, thanks for sharing this nice tune.

Good luck!

bhujay

Post by bhujay » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:16 am

Thanks Anastas for your suggestion. I will try that in next piece .

Francisco

Post by Francisco » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:46 pm

I like how you play it, nice voice separation.

I will suggest just one thing to help prevent mishaps with the chord on the 1st beat of measure 3, as happens to you the second time around (during the repeat). The trick is to change the fingering on the previous chord (2nd beat of measure 2), so that the transition to the next chord is made a lot easier.
Try doing the chord on the 2nd beat of measure 2 with fingers 1, 2 and 3 (instead of 1, 3 and 4). This may seem very hard at first, but it can be done. The trick is to bring the thumb down almost to the lower edge of the neck, or even detach the thumb completely from the neck by pressing the guitar against your chest with your right arm. This will eventually allow you to obtain enough separation between fingers 1 and 2, such that finger 2 can be on G# while finger 1 is on E on the fourth string, while finger 3 is on E on the second string. Once you can do this, the transition to the next chord (1st beat of measure 3) is so much easier, because finger 3 is already where it should be, on the second string E, and acts as an anchor and pivot to place 1 and 4 where they need to be without any trouble, whereas the way you do it you need to reposition all the fingers.
Before I figure out how to do this, I was messing up the transition to measure 3 more often than not, or else I had to do it too slowly.
Yamaha GC42S

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”