Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
User avatar
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am
Location: France ( région parisienne)

Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana 1545- Vihuela
Paduana-Pierre Phalèse.mp3

Youtube


With old tablature :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Isabelle Frizac on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Frank
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida USA

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Frank » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Isabelle, thank you for another very enjoyable and beautifully played composition for the Vihuela.

User avatar
spanishguitarmusic
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 am

Very lovely playing! I really like the Vihuela sound! Thank you for posting.

User avatar
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am
Location: France ( région parisienne)

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Frank wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 pm
Isabelle, thank you for another very enjoyable and beautifully played composition for the Vihuela.
spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 am
Very lovely playing! I really like the Vihuela sound! Thank you for posting.
Hello !

This pretty paduana was composed for lute.
But my lute is a little lazy at the moment, and took a nap in his case.
Also, the vihuela has agreed to play ...
Thank you for enjoying it!

:merci:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Frank
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida USA

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Frank » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:20 pm

For this piece are the strings of the lute and vihuela tuned the same?
Again, I really enjoyed your playing of this composition!!!

User avatar
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am
Location: France ( région parisienne)

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Isabelle Frizac » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:41 pm

338/5000
When the Arabs left Spain after the Reconquista (Fall of Granada, 1492, with the Ferdinand king of Aragon and the queen Isabella La Catholica), the Arab lute was no longer in fashion.
He was added frettes, and removed the round back ... and the name also changed: new instrument, the vihuela;
It is accorded like the lute.

:bye:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Frank
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida USA

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by Frank » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Thank you!!!

User avatar
spanishguitarmusic
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Phalèse, Pierre - Paduana - Vihuela

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Isabelle Frizac wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:29 pm
Frank wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 pm
Isabelle, thank you for another very enjoyable and beautifully played composition for the Vihuela.
spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 am
Very lovely playing! I really like the Vihuela sound! Thank you for posting.
Hello !

This pretty paduana was composed for lute.
But my lute is a little lazy at the moment, and took a nap in his case.
Also, the vihuela has agreed to play ...
Thank you for enjoying it!

:merci:
You're welcome! :bye:

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests