Albinoni, Tomaso - Adagio

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wolfgang

Re: Albinoni, Tomaso - Adagio

Post by wolfgang » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:06 am

Denian Arcoleo wrote: Wolfgang, maybe we should ask JFD whether he thinks I should withdraw it.
Agree. How's your French? :roll:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:10 am

Hello Denian,

It is interesting that the Wikipedia article says:
[Giazotto]...also claimed to have received a fragment of a composition by Albinoni from the hands of the Saxon State Library from which in 1958 he created a composition for strings and organ known as the Adagio in G minor. He stated that the fragment contained only the bass line which served as starting point for his arrangement, yet the composition's copyright note referring to his own name, and the fact that the Albinoni fragment has never appeared in public, suggest that this was in fact an ingenious way to distribute the piece, but not an original by Albinoni himself.
Did Giazotto waive his rights as a composer by passing it off as a work by Albinoni? Does he retain his rights as an arranger?

All the best, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:33 am

Gosh! This is a tricky one. I have to go out for the day now, but when I get back this evening I'll see if I can 'compose' a message in French to JFD. In the meantime, if anyone (mods) feels it should be removed immediately, please feel free to do so- I won't mind :mrgreen:

All the best

Denian

celime

Post by celime » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 pm

That's full of spirituality, and your guitar sounds like the organ of a cathedral.
:bravo:

XLR

Post by XLR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Whatever the copyrights, it sounds great Denian. Sensitive playing with just the right feel in the bass line's rhythm. Very consistent tempo when comparing the beginning to the end... not so easy to do in a piece as spacious as this.

Jobio

Post by Jobio » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:55 pm

This music which is flowing trough your fingers and out of your guitar trough cyberspace in to my sensetive ears is way to beautiful to be deleted or to get under the copyright law.

Just wonderful Denian,just wonderful! Watching your vids every day :merci: & :bravo:

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Thank you very much celime, XLR and jobio, it's a real pleasure to receive such comments and to know that my efforts are enjoyed. Very much appreciated :D

All the best

Denian

remmus

Re: Albinoni Tomaso - Adagio

Post by remmus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:38 am

DANG IT BOY! YOU'RE GOOD!!!

I'm so glad I got to hear you play this before the possible deletion (which would be a real shame if it happens :cry: )

~~Unbelievably beautiful~~
and so very passionately played (I think I'm in love with you!)
:applauso: :bravo: :applauso:

Will someone please explain the steps to download files like this? Something about a temporary internet file? Where's that anyway! I looked but can't find it.

You know, it's hearing the guitar played like this that brings it all home - why I love it so much.......
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

owl

Post by owl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:07 am

Summer wrote: Will someone please explain the steps to download files like this? Something about a temporary internet file? Where's that anyway! I looked but can't find it.
Summer, if you are listening/watching on WMP then just go to file and click on 'save as'... then just put it in your 'Denian folder'
LOL I suggest you make one! :mrgreen:
I'm not sure about other players but they probably have a similar function

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:04 am

Cam wrote:Great to hear how well this amazing piece works on guitar. Beautifully played, thanks for posting.
I've owned this arrangement for years and pull it out now and then for my own pleasure, but I've always asked myself the same question as "jimmyblues".... is it effective for the listener and is it effective on the guitar?

You've proven that it is. In fact, the arrangement and the way you play it make it sound like it was WRITTEN for the guitar. I love when that happens!

(Like when certain unnamed persons play the Chaconne, etc.)

I've learned a lot from this thread, as well as jimmy's. Dresden. WOW! Whoda thunk it?

I took Owl's suggestion to create a "Denian" folder and have downloaded this piece "while the gettin' was good". I always thought I could just come back here to listen to Denian's wonderful contributions.

I do hope JD lets this one slide. I don't think Azpiazu (everything he touches turns to gold), OR Giazotto, or their kin would mind at all.

Fascinating....

Alan

remmus

Post by remmus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:08 pm

by owl on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:07 pm
Summer, if you are listening/watching on WMP then just go to file and click on 'save as'... then just put it in your 'Denian folder'
LOL I suggest you make one! :mrgreen:
Thanks Owl! I'm giving it a try right now. If it works I will make a folder called, "Owl's Masterfully Played Masterpieces" and download all your music into it!
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

remmus

Post by remmus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:11 pm

YO YO YO! I GOT IT OWL!

THANKS!!!!!

Beginner-p-i-m-a

Post by Beginner-p-i-m-a » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:24 pm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Many thanks to summer, Owl,Tarbaby, Beginner p,i,m,a, for your comments :D
I had a lot of trouble with youtube today, acting weirdly and generally being annoying (youtube, not me...) so I posted a video of this on vimeo instead. I think the vimeo audio and video quality is higher than youtubes, the downside is that no one watches it!

remmus

Post by remmus » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 pm

by Denian Arcoleo on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:17 pm
I think the vimeo audio and video quality is higher than youtubes, the downside is that no one watches it!
Well, I watched it. And..........YOU WERE GREAT!!! (And easy on the eyeballs too! :oops: :lol: )
Please keep posting more because not only is it some fantastic guitar playing, but I can learn a lot from watching your perfect technique.

Summer

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”