Albinoni, Tomaso - Adagio

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
owl

Re: Albinoni Tomaso - Adagio

Post by owl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:03 am

Summer wrote:YO YO YO! I GOT IT OWL!

THANKS!!!!!
HOORAY!!!
You go girl! :mouton:
Denian Arcoleo wrote:I posted a video of this on vimeo instead. I think the vimeo audio and video quality is higher than youtubes, the downside is that no one watches it!
Because I don't know how! :oops:
How do I do this Denian, I want to watch it... can't you post a link like you do on YouTube? :cry:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

remmus

Post by remmus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:13 am

by owl on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:03 pm
How do I do this Denian, I want to watch it... can't you post a link like you do on YouTube? :cry:
Owl, here's what I did and it worked (bion!) ((believe it or not))"
Type in" http://www.vimeo.com" as the url address. (Or just click on it here)
Then type in "Denian Arcoleo" in the the site's search box. Takes you right to his video.

summer
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:21 am

Summer wrote: Well, I watched it. And..........YOU WERE GREAT!!! (And easy on the eyeballs too! :oops: :lol: )
Please keep posting more because not only is it some fantastic guitar playing, but I can learn a lot from watching your perfect technique.

Summer
Have you seen Denian's videos here on the forum, Summer? They're all fantastic and we can all learn alot from watching them.

(Unfortunately, he deleted one of the first of them when he realized he was playing in his pajamas :oops: )

Sorry you missed that one! :lol:

Alan

owl

Post by owl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:28 am

Summer wrote: Owl, here's what I did and it worked (bion!) ((believe it or not))"
I do believe it 'cause I just did it! :D

THANK YOU! Summer :mrgreen:

Tit for Tat I always say! :discussion:

Thank you again Denian... the video is fantastic! :flowers:

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

remmus

Post by remmus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:32 am

by Tarbaby on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:21 pm
Have you seen Denian's videos here on the forum, Summer? They're all fantastic and we can all learn alot from watching them.

(Unfortunately, he deleted one of the first of them when he realized he was playing in his pajamas :oops: )

Sorry you missed that one! :lol:
I haven't yet seen any of his other videos. I will have to check them out for sure! (I've been coming to this site for a while now and still there is more than I can get too! :? :lol: )

And, you know, it shows true musicianship when a person is so into their music that they are totally unaware of what they are wearing! I'm sure he could wear a pink bathrobe and still look great and play fantastic! So please re-upload your PJ video Denian!!! Com'on! PJ's are wonderful!
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:12 am

Hello Denian,

This is as ever, wonderfully played, and how this piece suits the guitar, thank you very much for sharing it.

Thanks
Paul

marjan.nonaka

Post by marjan.nonaka » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:30 am

As always wonderful !
:casque: :merci:

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:56 am

Thanks Paul, summer, Owl and marjan.nonaka for your kind comments.
Actually, I really like Vimeo as an alternative to youtube, the layout is much nicer to my eye and, if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the page with the video, you'll see an option to download the full size ( and quality) original file that the poster uploaded! They must have enormous hard drive space. My guess is that on youtube, once the movie is converted to flash format, they then delete the original to free up Gigabytes. Might be wrong.

Thanks

D

Jouni Stenroos

Post by Jouni Stenroos » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Excellent playing! :bravo:

The Vimeo looks really good, and they support even HD resolution videos, although it's not full HD. And the audio quality is much better than in Youtube.

-Jouni
Learn Finnish, part 1:
ice-cream cornet: jäätelötötterö

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks jouni :D

Yeah, Vimeo is, as they say, cool!
The only downside is that the number of people who watch it is a tiny fraction of youtube's enormous fanbase. I really don't like what youtube does to the sound though-it's BAD!!

Hang on, bad means good now doesn't it... maybe I should lie down...

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Denian,

I just watched the video and it was incredible! Much as I enjoyed the original mp3, being able to see the piece being played added to the experience, revealing the amazing skill behind the playing, and the sound quality was excellent.

Thanks again!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

biba

Post by biba » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Wow, great sound, super performance!

You were probably having as much fun playing it as I was listening to it -- in other words, full of joy.
:merci:

biba

clebar

Post by clebar » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Fantastic!!!! I'm blown away again...I sincerely hope these gems would not be deleted.

I knew if I waited long enough Denian would play all my favorites :D Thanks Denian!

Cheers,
clebar

SrDedosRapidos

Post by SrDedosRapidos » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:19 pm

I hope one day i can play it this well :roll:

Wonderful :D

adeptus

Post by adeptus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Fantastic music!

I love this piece and your interpretation is as always...full of greatness.
Thank you very much Denian!

A

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”