Händel, G. F. - Passacaglia D12 - Video

Audio and video recordings of works from the renaissance to the baroque period, from 1530 to 1760 (e.g. Dowland, Sanz, Weiss).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - catalogue no. Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Scarlatti, Domenico - K001 Sonata - D08 Video
or Losy, J. A. - Gigue in A minor - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Drewries Accordes - Duo (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
pat coldrick

Re: Händel, G. F. - Passacaglia D12 - Video

Post by pat coldrick » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:05 am

thanks everyone;)

wevard

Post by wevard » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:59 pm

I loved your rendition. Perfect technique, lots of musicality! When I listen to people other than David Russell playing this monumental piece it gives me hope that someday I might be able to play this, too. Thanks for this amazing recording!

pat coldrick

Post by pat coldrick » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Thank you wevard for your kind words. Yes my friend you will one day play this perfectly:) one must practise slowly and love the music as you do..in time and if you want it bad enough you will. We are all capable of great things. I am not talented and im self taught, i just worked and worked at this for years before this recording):

delayedMusician

Post by delayedMusician » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 pm

fantastic, I loved this piece since I have heard it when I was a kid. Is the score available on this site or elsewhere? I ask this because I have the D12 book but could not find this piece there. Thanks

pat coldrick

Post by pat coldrick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:29 am

Hi, the piece can be sourced from David Russells website. Merry Christmas):

Charles Ramcharan

Post by Charles Ramcharan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I have just started learning C.G. this is truly inspirational, I absolutely love your playing thanks you for sharing

henders

Post by henders » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:35 am

pat coldrick wrote:Thank you wevard for your kind words. Yes my friend you will one day play this perfectly:) one must practise slowly and love the music as you do..in time and if you want it bad enough you will. We are all capable of great things. I am not talented and im self taught, i just worked and worked at this for years before this recording):

Those are very inspiring words. You seem to me a very talented player and a gentleman. :bravo:

Ismael González Haro

Post by Ismael González Haro » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:32 am

Wow :bravo: Awesome performance :bravo:

I do hear this piece for first time, really enjoy :casque:

One question only, how do you know that the difficulty for Delcamp forum is D12? or is an estimation? I have several problems to know the difficult of something pieces that not appear in Delcamp volumes.

Thanks a lot for sharing :merci:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LICORPOLLO
---
Admira Juanita
Marizápalos 2015 Pino-Abeto (Luthier: Ángel Benito Aguado)

therebelartist

Post by therebelartist » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Bravo. An extremely confident and acomplished performance.
Superb. Thank you for sharing. :bravo:
1965 Condal - Classical 650mm (sold)
1972 Martin Fleeson (sold)
2014 Lester Backshall - Recital 1B - 640mm

Francisco

Post by Francisco » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:58 pm

pat coldrick wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm
Please enjoy my interpretation of this wonderfull work

Youtube
I discoverd this video only yesterday. Over the last few years, since I first came across this piece as played by David Russel, I have listened to it many many many times (mostly by Russell, but also various other versions, including duets). I stopped I some point because I did not want to reach a saturation point where it no longer meant anything. I never thought it could sound better than in Russell's hands, and I am amazed to see that you probably managed to do it even better. At the very least the "tone" you get is in my opinion better. I have just finished listening carefully to both yours and Russell's rendition, comparing fragment by fragment, and don't make this assertion lightly.
This is a great piece of music that, as happens with various others, the sound of the guitar manages to elevate to levels of superb beauty and listening pleasure. Thank God for Handel, and for the guitar, and for guitarists like you and Russell. Even if this were the only piece you had ever learned to play in your entire life, you would deserve a spot in the annals of immortal deeds. I salute you, sir.
Yamaha GC42S

Johnne Lee

Post by Johnne Lee » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:40 am

WOW!!!

Such grace...

Return to “Our recordings of Early music”