Collection of scores for guitar - levels D04 to D06

The 2nd collection comprises scores published by Jean-François Delcamp for levels D04 to D06. Subscribe to the "020 Usergroup" for permission to download these scores for classical guitar.
Forum rules
Subscribe to the "020 Usergroup" for permission to download these scores for classical guitar.
David.Smyth

Re: Collection of scores for guitar - levels D04 to D06

Post by David.Smyth » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Hello,

I have a query in relation to copyright over Pernambuco's Sons de Carillhoes which is included in Delcamp Vol D05. The video clip of my recording for this years D05 on line guitar lessons has triggered a "copyright claim" on You Tube. It seems that UMPG Publishing is asserting copyright over this composition. Initially I disputed this, quoting the information available from this forum, i.e.
João Pernambuco died in 1947 and his works are protected until 31 December 2017, but since there are no heirs or rights holders to claim copyright, you can publish recordings of his compositions.
However this has been rejected and the claim reinstated. The current status on You Tube is:
"Sons De Carrilhões", musical composition administered by: UMPG Publishing Dispute rejected, claim has been reinstated.
I am wondering whether or not I should appeal UMPG's claim. Any thoughts or additional information from other forum members would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

David
D05 Student
Guitar: Yamaha G-235 (1980)
Strings: D'Addario Pro-Arté EJ45 Normal Tension
Recorder: Canon mvx250i & Roland R-09HR

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 am

Hi David,

I'll let M. Delcamp know and see if he can advise.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Universal Music Publishing Group have a history of making copyright claims on public domain works. Presumably they have copyright on particular arrangements of some works. I would suspect this is the position with Sons De Carrilhões.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

M. Delcamp says he's had a video of this piece on YouTube since December 2012 (here) and although YouTube told him the same thing as they told you, they haven't taken it down. I suspect it's as Eric says, and it might be worth pointing out to them that you are not using any arrangement or edition published by UMPG. That's as much as I can suggest though, so any other ideas are welcome.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

David.Smyth

Post by David.Smyth » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks Geoff & M. Delcamp.

Similar to M. Delcamp, my video clip can still be played and viewed so at least that isn't a problem.

When I disputed the copyright claim initially I pointed out the copyright position from the "author's rights" Topic of this Forum as explained in my earlier post but this was rejected by UMPG. The next step under the You Tube system is for me to appeal that rejection. My understanding is that it is UMPG (and not You Tube) who adjudicates on the appeal. If they reject my appeal then, under its rules, You Tube MUST take down the video and I get a formal "Copyright Strike" on my You Tube account, which I gather can have some adverse consequences.

This seems like an awful lot of bother for something so relatively trivial so I am inclined to leave things as they currently stand and ignore the UMPG's copyright claim.

Thanks again to Geoff, M.Delcamp and Eric for your input.

Regards,

David
D05 Student
Guitar: Yamaha G-235 (1980)
Strings: D'Addario Pro-Arté EJ45 Normal Tension
Recorder: Canon mvx250i & Roland R-09HR

robin1

Post by robin1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 am

Hello,
If I may ask, what is the difficulty rating for Capricho Arabe by Francisco Tarrega? Thank you.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:58 am

It's rated as D08.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

aven

Post by aven » Wed May 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Hello moderators,

Can you kindly subscribe me to the 020 usergroup so that I can see the pdf's ??

Thank YoU!!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello Aven,

As waikuentsui said here, you need to have posted at least 20 messages before being able to join the 020 group. When you have enough, you should apply as described in the guide here. Duplicates and repetitive posts are not counted, so it would be best to wait until you have about 22 posts before applying, or the application may be refused.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

aven

Post by aven » Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Oh Thank you Geoff, didn't know about the no of posts to get access. I will wait. :)))

thebillkidy

Post by thebillkidy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:39 pm

thanks for sharing this awesome collection!

Nguyen Thanh Ha

Post by Nguyen Thanh Ha » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:29 am

Thank you for your studies
Nguyen Thanh Ha (Mr.)

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat May 07, 2016 1:51 am

Thank you so very much Mr. Delcamp! These sheet music is so wonderful! Thank you for your great generosity and hard work!!!!

Michele Franceschini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Michele Franceschini » Fri May 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Hello,

I have a question (I hope it's not a duplicate :) ).
Here's the question: can I give to a teacher a copy of a piece from these collections (in this case it would be from D05) to have him see the score and help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Michele

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri May 27, 2016 6:19 pm

Hi Michele,

Thank you for asking. The conditions for the Delcamp scores are here. You are not allowed to give copies to anyone else for their own use, but I think it would be OK to temporarily let the teacher use a copy to help you learn the piece, as long as it is returned afterwards and not used for any other purpose.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Scores for classical guitar - D04, D05, D06”