[Youtube] Oh my god, who designed this guitar?!

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
kertsopoulos

Re: [Youtube] Oh my god, who designed this guitar?!

Post by kertsopoulos » Sun May 29, 2016 12:53 pm

:merci: Many thanks to celestemcc and also to burtong for your kind comments, all best to you!

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:08 am

glassynails wrote:
Youtube
[Note: This topic has also additional posts and all of them can be found in the following formed topic entitled: "Pedal guitars, Mathematical Model of the Guitar, Strings, etc. by: Y.Kertsopoulos" at the subforum of the "Public" section: "Members' Announcements"]

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:34 pm

The same guitar played by Smaro for interpreting the J.S.Bach cello suite (Baroque timbre required) is used for interpreting
Luys Milan (Renaissance timbre required).That is the main requirement of constructing a "Multi-timbre rectangular guitar with movable back pedal".
Smaro Gregoriadou interprets her arrangement of Fantasia XI, from El Maestro, orig. for vihuela, by Luys Milan (1500-1561?).

Youtube

quavers

Post by quavers » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:58 pm

I enjoyed listening and watching you play this unusual machine. I mean that only in a complimentary way, as all guitars are machines-that is if they are any good at all. The guitar has morphed many hundreds of times since its earliest beginnings. New and non-traditional are not always good, but hats off to the people who try. The purists are certainly entitled to their opinions, but your guitar is really interesting. I would love to hear some of them played live. Are there any virtosi out there brave enough to play a concert on such unusual instruments?

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:01 pm

quavers wrote:I enjoyed listening and watching you play this unusual machine. I mean that only in a complimentary way, as all guitars are machines-that is if they are any good at all. The guitar has morphed many hundreds of times since its earliest beginnings. New and non-traditional are not always good, but hats off to the people who try. The purists are certainly entitled to their opinions, but your guitar is really interesting. I would love to hear some of them played live. Are there any virtosi out there brave enough to play a concert on such unusual instruments?
Thank you quavers for your kind comment.I am thankful to the guitarists that have played and continue to play in concert my instruments. Smaro Gregoriadou also who is interpreting in many of the videos at this specific discussion.Smaro will be performing in two concerts in California in November and also she will give a seminar classroom to interested guitarists.Wishing you the best!

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Since quavers had asked for a live performance on my instruments, I would like to inform: Smaro Gregoriadou will be in California between 15 and 21 November 2016. She will give two concerts and one Seminar in San Fransisco, San Jose and Santa Cruz. She will be playing with a "pedal classical guitar" of my construction with my metalonylon strings and also she will use the "Kertsopoulos support-amplifier, Superior" in the concerts and also high tuning interpretations using my high tuning sets of strings.

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:34 pm

In the video below Y.Kertsopoulos demonstrates his "Multi-timbre rectangular moving back pedal guitar" discussed in this specific topic at the Greek Television interview given at his studio premises along with other innovational instruments and strings. The specific guitar is presented by him at 5:19 and lasts until 11:08 of the video.

Youtube

Gordito158

Post by Gordito158 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Looks like a Mel Gibson guitar, (not a Gibson-made guitar)...some sort of back-packing guitar made for a Mad Max movie. :)

kertsopoulos

Post by kertsopoulos » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

Gordito158 wrote:Looks like a Mel Gibson guitar, (not a Gibson-made guitar)...some sort of back-packing guitar made for a Mad Max movie. :)
Thank you Gordito158 for your comment.As much a you imply that the shape of the instrument is of a futuristic nature, I would also like to add for the sake of the tradition that the shape is also so traditional as any other guitar existing in our knowledge. In the 13th century the Guitarra Moresca had a rectangular (oval - in the edges rounded) shape and a long neck. Historically it has been claimed that the Guitarra Moresca is clearly much closer to the lute than to the guitar. However, the rectangular (oval) shape of the Guitarra Moresca is a thirteenth century innovation of the luthiers and players of the time, that also refers back to the ancient Egyptian Nefer and it is not in any way a Kertsopoulos first time innovation or a Mel Gibson or Mad Max innovation, as you kindly comment with a smiley. I enjoyed your comment, but for the sake of the seriousness that this thread has kept please kindly also accept my view which says that this construction of the guitar in this thread is based on the design of the tradition and at the same time it brings forward innovative functions of a pedal and so forth. For the sake of keeping the matters of traditional designs and accomplishments alive it was necessary for me to inform you of the above. Please see below the pictures that prove to us that the 13th century designers and the ancient Egyptian designers are more innovative than what we usually think about them. We usually underestimate them as we do with many other people we associate with.
In the picture below we see the two Guitarras Moresca, 13th century, original: Canticas de Santa Maria by King Alfonso X.
13TH CENTURY ORIGINAL CANTIGAS DE SANTA MARIA BY KING ALFONSO X-GUITARRA MORESCA.jpg
In the picture below we see again on the left the Guitarra Latina and on the right the Guitarra Moresca Canticas de Santa Maria, 13th century.
Guitar_latina_morisca.jpg
In the picture below we see the ancient Egyptian Nefer
EGYPTIAN NEFER.jpg
My best regards and please tell us something also about the sound production of the instrument, after all that is the main concept of this thread's posting, the sound not the shape, it will be interesting to read your views on it, take care, all best, Yorgos :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Our favourite websites”