[Youtube] Purcell Jig

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
glassynails

[Youtube] Purcell Jig

Postby glassynails » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Love it, I'm learning this one also.

Youtube
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Robert Rogers

Re: [Youtube] Purcell Jig

Postby Robert Rogers » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Glassy

I've had trouble finding the score to this beautiful piece by Purcell. Can you help?

Robert

glassynails

Postby glassynails » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:53 pm

Robert Rogers wrote:Glassy

I've had trouble finding the score to this beautiful piece by Purcell. Can you help?

Robert

Thanks. It's a red book called "Andres Segovia Album of Guitar Solos" by Columbia Music. Type it in Google and hit IMAGES and you'll see where they sell it. Strings*yM*il has it.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Robert Rogers

Postby Robert Rogers » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 am

Many thanks. About 5 minutes after sending the post I found a version online on Freescores. Not Segovia's transcription though. Thanks again.

pogmoor

Postby pogmoor » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:50 pm

glassynails wrote: It's a red book called "Andres Segovia Album of Guitar Solos" by Columbia Music.

Does anyone know the origin of this piece? I've got it in an edition of Baroque pieces from the Japanese publisher Zen-on Guitar Library. (I can't tell who the arranger is as the text is mostly in Japanese).

Is it really Purcell? I can't find it in his collected keyboard works and I'm wondering if it is a bit of Segovia fakery?
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

Return to “Our favourite websites”