How to Play the Guitar Well (en espanol)

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
kirolak

How to Play the Guitar Well (en espanol)

Postby kirolak » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:42 pm

This amazing short lecture by Pirai Vacas is like no lecture I have ever heard before, I do hope there are some members of this forum who can understand & appreciate it! I simply don't have the time to translate it & hope it's OK to post a spanish video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIn6FhVI3z4#

Yisrael van Handel

Re: How to Play the Guitar Well (en espanol)

Postby Yisrael van Handel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:22 am

Kirolak,
Thanks for the link to Pirai Vacas. Lecture was uplifting and he spoke so clearly and simply that I understood every word (He is Bolivian, so his Spanish is easier to understand than most). However, I do not think that anyone will improve their technique or knowledge of performance standards by listening to the lecture. You have the to bring those with you. Then Vacas can perhaps free up one's thinking and energies with his uplifting talk. But don't expect a shortcut to learning technique or performance standards. It is also worth noting that he plays folkloristic music (though with very high level of technique).
Yisrael van Handel
Modi'in Ilit, Israel

kirolak

Re: How to Play the Guitar Well (en espanol)

Postby kirolak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I do agree, Mr van Handel - but his approach was so unexpected I just had to post it, I was expecting the usual technical advice & was very pleasantly surprised. He clearly uses his martial arts training to good musical effect! (BTW he does play Bach also specializes in Renaissance music). So glad you enjoyed his rather Zen talk :)

Return to “Our favourite websites”