[Youtube] James Boyd / Joshua Ellicott

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
tom2977

[Youtube] James Boyd / Joshua Ellicott

Post by tom2977 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzcidmnm7s

This is beautiful (and the other two recordings). Great playing and singing. Perfect.
Want to hear more!

Lovemyguitar

Re: [Youtube] James Boyd / Joshua Ellicott

Post by Lovemyguitar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Thanks, that is very nice! James Boyd is such a sensitive player in his gentle approach -- always a joy!

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Tom , James is planning to upload more in the future. Did you hear the recent one I linked to with James Laing? I have lessons with James so will let him know how much you enjoyed it. He usually sends me links when he's uploaded any new recording and I put them on this site.

The video you linked to was from a preconcert rehearsal in north Norfolk, part of the north Norfolk festival in August this year. Did you listen to James's solo that I posted with the other pieces with Joshua? I believe Joshua comes from your part of the world.

I'll keep reminding him to let me know when he is giving a concert as well and post details on this site. I am truely fortunate to have found him as a teacher.

jurica_c

Post by jurica_c » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:02 am

This was perfect. Exactly what I've needed on the Monday morning.
Thanks for sharing this.

tom2977

Post by tom2977 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 am

Muirtan. You are fortunate. Please IM me if there are concerts. James is a friend of a friend (john arran) who praises his playing hugely.
I have watched all clips. So yes did see the other post thanks :)

muirtan

Post by muirtan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Tom, John is a close friend of mine. I introduced him to James's work a couple of years ago and they met earlier this year when John was visiting me. John and James's teaching are very similar, in fact in many ways they are both very alike!

Return to “Our favourite websites”