[Youtube] Miloš Karadaglić Master Class

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
glassynails

[Youtube] Miloš Karadaglić Master Class

Post by glassynails » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:26 pm

"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Adrian Allan

Re: [Youtube] Miloš Karadaglić Master Class

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 am

Not impressed. A masterclass is not teaching children - it should be conservatory level pupils at least.

But I wonder would he be comfortable teaching that level; some may outshine him in ability and knowledge. That is the sad truth.

Salvador

Post by Salvador » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:05 pm

I don't know why he has many haters on youtube haha. But i agree with him about exercises, scale, arpeggios, slurs. The exercises he played are important. I'm not a teacher, but i think he should have slowed down a bit in introducing those exercises because it might confuse the student, and wonder where to start, and how, and when to use it. I think he could have taught the student step by step how to play the piece (Study 13 Sor) properly. Just like what Julian Bream did in his masterclass.

He also played the Study 13 himself but he played it fast but with little intensity. For me it's not good because the student might follow his style of playing haha. Just my opinion though hehe.

Susil

Post by Susil » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Adrian Allan wrote:Not impressed. A masterclass is not teaching children - it should be conservatory level pupils at least.
I'm a bit late to the party in responding to this I know, but couldn't quite pass it by, because I couldn't disagree more.

Why on earth should this kind of event be confined to one particular type of student? Milos presumably doesn't consider himself above having these kids in his masterclass - and whatever we might think of his playing, that speaks volumes about his attitude to encouraging other players. And look at it from the perspective of the youngsters playing. How much much of an inspiration would that be? I can only imagine how much more hard work I'd have put in as a teenager had it given me a chance to play with a player of that level!

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:10 am

Susil wrote:
Adrian Allan wrote:Not impressed. A masterclass is not teaching children - it should be conservatory level pupils at least.
I'm a bit late to the party in responding to this I know, but couldn't quite pass it by, because I couldn't disagree more.

Why on earth should this kind of event be confined to one particular type of student? Milos presumably doesn't consider himself above having these kids in his masterclass - and whatever we might think of his playing, that speaks volumes about his attitude to encouraging other players. And look at it from the perspective of the youngsters playing. How much much of an inspiration would that be? I can only imagine how much more hard work I'd have put in as a teenager had it given me a chance to play with a player of that level!
The fact that he does not seem to appear on the list of major guitar festivals as a master class teacher for more mature advanced pupils in itself speaks volumes. The point I am making is that he is a good player, but he is not a great player, and it must be very frustrating for other players that he has been marketed as the next John Williams. Marketed is the key word here. The general public don't know, of course, as within the target group that the marketers have found, Spanish Romance and Asturias are right at the top of guitar playing excellence.

Mr Kite

Post by Mr Kite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 am

Sounds as though the objection is to the name then, rather the event - but what would you have called it? "Guy-who-is not-really-a-master-but-has-nevertheless-forged-a-successful-career-by-combining-such-ability-as-he-does-have-with-savvy-marketing-good-looks-and-a-willingness-to-play-pieces-with-mass-appeal-and-undoubtedly-has-enough-skill-to-teach-the-teenagers-expected-to-attend-besides-being-extremely-well-placed-to-fire-not-only-their-enthusiasm-but-also-that-of-the-general-public-for-what-is-not-an-especially-popular-instrument-class"?

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 am

But I wonder would he be comfortable teaching that level; some may outshine him in ability and knowledge. That is the sad truth.
First reply to the OP is from a hater.
Didn't take long did it?
I suppose many on DELCAMP are glad he is now suffering the problems that stop him performing. Does that make you feel good?

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 am

UKsteve wrote:
First reply to the OP is from a hater.
Didn't take long did it?
I suppose many on DELCAMP are glad he is now suffering the problems that stop him performing. Does that make you feel good?
Not a hater at all. Just a realist.

It is commendable for anybody to reach a fine level in an instrument.

What I dislike is the marketing industry that is more concerned with packaging products into neat consumer-driven items rather than picking out the very highest level of talent.

Mr Kite

Post by Mr Kite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:36 am

Adrian Allan wrote:
UKsteve wrote:First reply to the OP is from a hater.
Didn't take long did it?
Not a hater at all. Just a realist.

It is commendable for anybody to reach a fine level in an instrument.

What I dislike is the marketing industry that is more concerned with packaging products into neat consumer-driven items rather than picking out the very highest level of talent.
Not that much of a realist then...

Obviously it doesn't follow from what you said that you - or anyone else on Delcamp - is happy about Milos's injury woes. What a ridiculous suggestion.

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:37 am

Which bit is a ridiculous suggestion?

Mr Kite

Post by Mr Kite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm

This bit
UKsteve wrote:I suppose many on DELCAMP are glad he is now suffering the problems that stop him performing. Does that make you feel good?

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

Yes, the bit about wishing somebody injury I just decided to ignore.

zupfgeiger

Post by zupfgeiger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:42 pm

UKsteve wrote:I suppose many on DELCAMP are glad he is now suffering the problems that stop him performing. Does that make you feel good?
This is a stupid offense. Milos might not be the top of the top, but I don't grudge him his success with Deutsche Grammophon. They pay him a lot of money but also clearly dictate the rules. If DG wants him to play the Spanish bestsellers he has to do it. It's very sad for any professional musician to get injured and to be forced to stop playing and performing. I hope the poor chap will recover soon.
Last edited by zupfgeiger on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Giovanni Tacchi, Daniel Friederich copy, cedar/EIR, 2017
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

Adrian Allan wrote:Yes, the bit about wishing somebody injury I just decided to ignore.
Why? Everytime someone posts something positive about Milos on this forum it takes the haters a couple of nanoseconds to appear.
Clearly they and their ilk cannot stand the sight of the man nor his playing. While the reasons for this (? jealousy) continue to elude me, I for one would not be at all surprised to find some DELCAMPERS are pleased he now cannot play, such is the level of bitter vitriol directed against him on many threads over the years. Just a simple observation.

I've seen this masterclass before and I thought him a gentle, amusing and supportive teacher; a fime inspiration for a young generation of guitarists.

lucy

Post by lucy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm

While I might not agree that people necessarily wish ill on Milos, I have to say, from reading these boards, there is a lot of general "bitching" about him. I don't need to quote examples, there have been so many, but it's actually the tone of the various negative comments that irritate me. Very thinly disguised distaste indeed!

Personally, I wonder what the guy has actually done. He's managed to build a successful career for himself, against all the odds. Whan was the last time a classical guitarist had such a high profile, amongst the general public?

I know some people seem to think that is not important, but personally, I think it could help the instrument survive, post Bream and Williams. I think Milos probably benefits us all.

For whatever reason(s), Milos succeeded, when many others didn't. Is that too just much?

For the record, I've never based my opinion of Milos' playing on any marketing, he struck me as a wonderful player when I first heard him play years ago, as a struggling unknown. Just to prove a point:-

viewtopic.php?t=53307
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Our favourite websites”