Marek Pasieczny

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
Vesuvio

Marek Pasieczny

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:49 am

If you have not been here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TrustNooooo1

...then don't delay. A most remarkable composer and an astounding performer,

Best wishes, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Peter Oberg
Luthier

Re: Marek Pasieczny

Post by Peter Oberg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Vesuvio wrote:If you have not been here:

Yes! He's a very talented composer and player. I've been working on his 'Hommage a Aleksander Tansman' , and started with the 'easy' movement Nocturne Funebre. I fear some of the other movements are beyond me. I had to contact him directly to get the music, it's not published in the states.
p

I wrote the above before going to the link-wow it's really something to hear him play it, I had only heard Jakub Kosciuszko playing some of the movements. And the American Suite Tribute to Metheny is simply amazing. Thanks for posting this V.

newyorkhorseman

Post by newyorkhorseman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Wow! Absolutely incredible. Does anyone know the builder of his guitar?

Thanks for posting.

Rudy

matchey

Post by matchey » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 am

newyorkhorseman wrote:Does anyone know the builder of his guitar?
His website says: "Marek is playing on Paco Santiago Marin (2007)" (http://pasieczny.com/cv-in-english/)

Michael Collings

Post by Michael Collings » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:41 am

Yea, this guy's really inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 am

I hope somewhere there's a full recording of his double concerto for clarinet and guitar someday. Been wanting to hear that.

John O

Post by John O » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Peter Oberg wrote:
Vesuvio wrote:If you have not been here:

Yes! He's a very talented composer and player. I've been working on his 'Hommage a Aleksander Tansman' , and started with the 'easy' movement Nocturne Funebre. I fear some of the other movements are beyond me. I had to contact him directly to get the music, it's not published in the states.
I just received my copy and started reading through the 5th movement, "Fugato Pastoso." While it will take some work to play it at his level, it's well written for the instrument and fits under the fingers rather well. It's nice to see that tuneful contemporary music is not an oxymoron!

Peter Oberg
Luthier

Post by Peter Oberg » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:04 pm

John O wrote:I just received my copy and started reading through the 5th movement, "Fugato Pastoso." While it will take some work to play it at his level, it's well written for the instrument and fits under the fingers rather well. It's nice to see that tuneful contemporary music is not an oxymoron!
Did you get if from Marek's site or directly from Euterpe?
Have you heard his 'Nine Easy Miniatures'? I love the way he calls them 'easy'.
p

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm

I recently got some of his scores, and have been playing "Little Sonata" for the past few days. It's really a lot of fun to play, and not too difficult. I think he's the most compelling composer/guitarist writing today. Amazing and inspiring stuff.

laoren

Post by laoren » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:15 pm

That was a jaw dropping video. :o

OMG.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Absolutely amazing ... thanks for posting!
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

kurt guitar

Post by kurt guitar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:50 pm

:) :o :D :shock: Wow that was awesome 8)

:guitare: :chitarrista:

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 am

According to an information I got from the manager of M. Piasieczny he plays a Santiago Marin guitar.

Does anybody know what kind of arm rest is put on that - Santiago Marin doesn't seem to built the guitars with an integrated arm support.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

laoren

Post by laoren » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

The arm rest didn't look integrated to me like what we usually see on Smallman. It looked very similar to the one I had on my Thames where the arm rest is sticked onto the side of the guitar (thus removable if desired, but I never did). The arm rest was made by Thames as well.

marek pasieczny

Post by marek pasieczny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 am

Hello everybody, some of my friends told me about this guitar forum. thanks very much for kind words. i really appreciate it. yes the guitar I'm playing now is Paco Santiago Marin and the arm rest made by Polish guitar maker Boguslaw Teryks. all the very best for all of you in new 2012 year!

Return to “Our favourite websites”