Marek Pasieczny

When you give a link to a video, post your message in this forum, give your post a title following this example: [YouTube] Paganini; Capricho nº 24.
George Crocket

Re: Marek Pasieczny

Post by George Crocket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:08 am

Hello Marek.

I am delighted to welcome you to the Delcamp classical guitar forum, particularly since you are an alumnus of my city's conservatoire ( you are probably aware that the RSAMD has been renamed the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland).

The forum is a great resource for all those interested in classical guitar and our members range from absolute beginners to seasoned professionals. There are categories of membership for concert performers and for composers, amongst others.

Perhaps you could take the time to introduce yourself to the forum here and get a true Delcamp welcome. To learn more about the forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page.

I hope you will be able to participate in some of our discussions, for I am certain our members will greatly appreciate your contributions.

I shall watch for your return to Glasgow. Best wishes
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

marek pasieczny

Post by marek pasieczny » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 am

Hello George,
thank for the welcome :) yes I know about new name of the RSAMD. I'm still a bit confused how and where I can write within the forum. I ll try to do so as often as I can. Hope to be back someday in Glasgow but it won't be so soon :(
all the very best and stay in touch
marek

michael karmon

Post by michael karmon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:20 am

Hey Marek! Good to see you here. :)

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm

marek pasieczny wrote:... yes the guitar I'm playing now is Paco Santiago Marin and the arm rest made by Polish guitar maker Boguslaw Teryks. ...
Many thanks Marek for your reply about the armrest. I feel an armrest makes a substantial difference in sound and dynamics not to touch the top.
Best wishes and a lot of success in 2012

Robert
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

marek pasieczny

Post by marek pasieczny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:13 am

michael karmon wrote:I recently got some of his scores, and have been playing "Little Sonata" for the past few days. It's really a lot of fun to play, and not too difficult. I think he's the most compelling composer/guitarist writing today. Amazing and inspiring stuff.
Hi Michael! Thanks nice too see you here too!

jimmyblues

Post by jimmyblues » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 am

Let me reiterate the opinions expressed above - this music is fantastic, virtuosic and sensitive, tuneful, interesting. Mr Pasieczny would appear to be a real talent and wonderful ambassador for our instrument, and its potential. His playing and composition seem to be a huge step forward for CG, and I think it is exciting that we have this output to look forward to. I'm only disappointed I haven't come across the name before.

V, a big thanks for posting this link :D

cheers

JDC
Autumn.

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:06 am

I ordered the 30 piece book with the Little Sonata. Looking forward to adding to my repertoire

David_Norton

Post by David_Norton » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am

I just obtained his book "Travels: 30 Easy Pieces" (well, perhaps 20 or 24 are "easy") and the "Little Sonata". Order placed via PayPal, and shipping time from Poland to Utah USA was 8 calendar days. This is magnificent music, and eminently suited for the guitar. I very definitely will be learning the Sonata and several of the other works.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

marek pasieczny

Post by marek pasieczny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks very much to all of you who already got some of my scores. As soon as I started to work on TRAVELS http://pasieczny.com/2011/09/17/travels/ few months ago I decided to made another similar to TRAVELS album but... for two, three and four guitars.
What do you all think about this idea? Should I do it? Or this kind of set of works should be only for solo guitar?

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:36 pm

I don't think this kind of series should necessarily be restricted to solo guitar. Modern music for guitar duos, trios, quartets, etc is much less common than solo music, so it would be a welcome addition. Whether it would be commercially viable may be a different matter.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

cool09

Post by cool09 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:55 pm

The flamboyancy detracts from the music and the passion is scarily extravagant imo, with all due respect. I couldn't focus on the music - reminded me of a turbulent conductor. In fact, I thought I was watching a satire at first.

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 pm

cool09 wrote:The flamboyancy detracts from the music and the passion is scarily extravagant imo, with all due respect. I couldn't focus on the music - reminded me of a turbulent conductor. In fact, I thought I was watching a satire at first.
Cool09, I got the right artist for you. Enjoy.

Youtube

cool09

Post by cool09 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:44 am

Oh, well Lee was a Legend. His job was to entertain (and make tons of dough). I have lots of memories of Lee. But back to Marek - he reminds me of Eliot Fisk (who I have a teacher tie to in Philly - Bill Viola). I like Marek's Paco Marin. Marek's extremely intense and I've been manic-depressive since 14 so I wouldn't want to enter into his territory because it could be debilitating. (You know a Beautiful Mind is something you might not want to wish for.) But if Marek's got a handle on everything...then by God more power to him.

Jose-Guitarra8a

Post by Jose-Guitarra8a » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 am

cool09 wrote:... I have a teacher tie to in Philly - Bill Viola.. .
Interesting, I took lessons with Mr. Viola in the early '90's. Small world. :bye:

Astra Piotr

Post by Astra Piotr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello everyone,
I've just wanted to recommend some of Marek's youtube videow, but, no wonder, someone was faster (Vesuvio, thank you for doing my job :D ). I'm really amazed. :chitarrista: I came across Mareks recordings when I was looking for modern guitar music. I couldn't believe how rich his pieces are ! I like Domeniconi, but in my humble opinion it is a kind enlargement of this kind of style.
I'm going to buy '30 easy pieces' and work through some of them. Though, I don't think they are really easy for me. :?:
At the moment I can't live without listening to a couple of his compositions everyday.

Return to “Our favourite websites”