Useful apps

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
FJ25

Useful apps

Post by FJ25 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Just thought I'd share the fact that I am finding the iOS app 'Guitar at Sight' useful for learning the fretboard, especially the parts you don't visit too often in playing.

I have also been using an app called MusicaTouch for melodic dictation, but findit a bit limited. Any recommendations for an alternative?

Thanks

Luis_Br

Re: Useful apps

Post by Luis_Br » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:01 am

I don't know if there is a version for iOS, but for Android there is the app Funtional Ear Trainer, which uses the method by Alain Benbassat.
The difference from other regular ear training apps is that it has a very effective method to induce the brain to memorize the scale steps. Most friends I know that I recommended the software could learn to identify any note in a major scale after a couple months using this app.It works even with beginners or those with little music background.
You find a free version for computer in Alain Benbassat's website:
http://www.miles.be/software/34-functio ... trainer-v2
But the Android app is better, it has more features and drills.

FJ25

Post by FJ25 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out

2handband

Post by 2handband » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:46 pm

A tool I relied on heavily as a working guitarist is called Transcribe which allows you to slow stuff down and/or change the pitch. I don't know how useful it is to the classical player who is learning stuff by reading but in a line of work where most learning is by ear it was a big time saver. There's an app called the amazing slow downer for ios/android that does the same thing but it's a lot more clunky on the touch screen.

Nimo956

Post by Nimo956 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am

I used Guitar At Sight as well to learn to read music in about a week or two. I recently downloaded Tessitura Pro, which is all about chords and scales. I'm still learning what it can do, and it's a bit overwhelming, but I find it very useful.

Henny

Post by Henny » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Does anyone use Chord tracker app (Yamaha) for iphone?
you play your song on your phone and Chord tracker gives you the Chords

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”