Tips for continuous rasguedos

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
Nimo956

Tips for continuous rasguedos

Post by Nimo956 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:55 am

Does anyone have any tips for increasing the speed of my continuous rasguedos, while maintaining an even spacing between all the strikes? I have difficulty getting the pinky to play at the right time after striking with my index finger. This video by Juan Martin is a good illustration of what I hope to achieve:

https://youtu.be/f6yhokfKZYg?t=5m26s

guitarrista

Re: Tips for continuous rasguedos

Post by guitarrista » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:27 pm

The video shows cami repeated continuously, all downstrokes. This is probably the most difficult type of continuous rasgueado to learn. Can you comfortably do other types of continuous rasgueos already? Like ones involving at least one upstroke along with the downstrokes - it could be triplets or quadruplets or quintuplets. For example you could do continuous amiI (I for upstroke i) instead of cami. Or is it specifically the all-downstroke continuous cami you would like to learn?
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Nimo956

Re: Tips for continuous rasguedos

Post by Nimo956 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm already fairly proficient at the other types of rasguedos. The one with one upstroke for i often gives me enough time to "reset" my hand. One thing I tried recently is placing my thumb on the 6th string rather than next to the soundhole. This provided more "clearance," which seems to make things easier.

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”