Right Hand Pattern

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
DanManGuitar

Right Hand Pattern

Post by DanManGuitar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:11 pm

This is not really classical related,but what would be a good fingerpicking pattern for 4/4 time with possible chord changes every beat?

ex) G(3 beats) Em(1 beat) C(2 beats) D(2 beats)

Dirck Nagy

Re: Right Hand Pattern

Post by Dirck Nagy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi Dan

You might want to take a look: Mauro Giuliani wrote a set of 120 arpeggio patterns that he included in his "Method".

Basically, they are Right Hand patterns meant to be played over simple chord progressions.

I dont have the book in front of me, but it is included in Giuliani's Complete Studies published by Tecla. There are numerous other versions floating around too...it should be very easy to find.

Obviously, there are far more than 120 patterns you could play, but this might give you some ideas for inventing your own.

They are also pretty good agility exercises and warm-ups.

PS. And why wouldn't it be "Classical"? This doesn't get mentioned often, but guitars do an awful lot of accompanying; knowing some arpeggio patterns can be very useful, especially for a composer!

cheers!
2015 John H. Dick
1994 Larry Breslin ("Deerhead")
1952 Vincente Tatay

robert e

Post by robert e » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Excellent suggestion, Dirck. I was going to ask what effect or mood was wanted (spare, rich, light, heavy, driving, gentle, etc.) but I'm sure there's something suitable there.

For more sophisticated (and more challenging) patterns, check out Giuliani's 24 Studies (Op. 48) as well.

musikai

Post by musikai » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:25 pm

There were some nice PDF score in the our scores section, that combined the patterns from the 120 Giuliani with bossa nova chord progressions from songs by eg. Jobim. But I'm now unable to find them with the provided search tools.
A pity!
Here are some patterns with jazzy Fifths Falls chord progressions:
viewtopic.php?t=68260#p747767
Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

Anastas

Post by Anastas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 am

musikai wrote:Here are some patterns with jazzy Fifths Falls chord progressions:
viewtopic.php?t=68260#p747767
Thanks for this interesting pdf musikai!

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”