If I could turn back time!

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
kmurdick

Re: If I could turn back time!

Post by kmurdick » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:45 pm

dtoh, thanks for the compliment on my videos. I'm going to redo the free stoke video pretty soon. The idea that the knuckle joint and the middle joint actually flex together has been dis proven. It does feel that way, but that's not what actually happens in an efficient free stroke. Also, I need to add something about the natural release after the finger passes over the string and the relaxing of the tips.

dtoh

Post by dtoh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:56 am

kmurdick wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:45 pm
dtoh, thanks for the compliment on my videos. I'm going to redo the free stoke video pretty soon.
Can't wait to see it. My RH technique has a long, long way to go, but I must say that I feel like with lots of practice, careful listening, concentrating on staying relaxed, and building speed very gradually; the hand will naturally over time tend toward good technique. Bottom line, it's about the results... you can't produce correct sound with incorrect technique.... or maybe put another way, good sound defines good technique. That said, the videos are a really helpful guide in getting started and avoiding mistakes. Every time I watch them, they provide ideas to further improve technique.

Adam Puryear

Post by Adam Puryear » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 am

Are your videos on youtube kmurdick?

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”