Tremolo in slow pieces

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
Rasputin

Re: Tremolo in slow pieces

Post by Rasputin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:00 am

guitarrista wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 pm
[For a four-note tremolo (3-treble-notes tremolo) 132 tempo seems to be the lowest end of it sounding connected.
I messed around a bit in Anytune and I think the threshold is nearer 120 - but it could be that my ear is more easily fooled than yours.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Interesting, thanks for checking Rasputin.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Hill

Post by Hill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Rasputin wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:47 pm
Hill wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:53 am
Hmm.. thank you for your reply.. exactly what I was thinking.. there would be a certain speed for the tremolo to make sense.. however we can play with the gaps between the bars (in Spanish romance for example)..

I tried looking for recuerdos in slow but couldn't find it anywhere..
Just going back to your original question, what about switching to a 6-note tremolo? That way - if you can get it even - you would be able to slow the tempo down quite a bit more before the tremolo effect was lost. It would change the feeling a bit, I'm sure, but it's not like messing with the duration of an ordinary note.
Tried both 6 and 5 note tremolo.. but they aren't sounding too good.. going back to practising the pami..
There was no one in Molching who could play exactly like him. It was a style not of perfection, but warmth. Even mistakes had a good feeling about them. - The Book Thief

Hill

Post by Hill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions
There was no one in Molching who could play exactly like him. It was a style not of perfection, but warmth. Even mistakes had a good feeling about them. - The Book Thief

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”