Interesting songs with RH indicators

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
Lu93

Interesting songs with RH indicators

Post by Lu93 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:49 am

Backstory:
I was playing guitar (with teachers) first four years. This was acoustic guitar, and I played mostly pop/rock music.
I had a period of not really playing for the six years of my studying (I was learning like two songs a year, and that mostly to learn to play and sing at the same time). Anyway, this was all with the pick, and only occasionally with fingers.

Now I wanted to learn the classical guitar. That includes two things especially: learning to play sheet music off the paper, and learning the finger picking.
First thing is going painfully slow, but that is what I expected, at least it is going, and it will come with practice.

Problem:
The problem I have is following. The exercises for right hand are always extremely boring (like chromatic scales with im/mi/ma/am/ia/ai and other "pattern" exercises), and after 10-15 mins of those, I am falling asleap. I am willing to do those, but that is not something that I ever look forward to.
I'm not questioning their usefulness, but these exercises do not bring hop in my step when I am going home to play guitar. So i was searching for some nice songs, hoping that I will also find "p i m a" marked on the sheets. Sheet music on the delcamp.net doesn't really have those indicators marked. It has the left hand thoroughly explained in the sheets, but not the picking order.

Question:
Where can I find some nice songs, ones that I will enjoy playing, that have right hand indicators?
I will probably separate my practice in two parts, with exercises being one and songs being the other, but I really find it hard to go through the book and practice exercises in order, simply because it looks like never ending list of boring exercises.

Bernhard Heimann

Re: Interesting songs with RH indicators

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 am

Hi Lu93,

please have a look at the Sagreras "Lecciones" which you can find here:
http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/p ... reras.html
Especially starting with volume 2, you can find pieces of "real" music, no dull exercises, with a lot of RH fingering.

Bernhard

Lu93

Post by Lu93 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Bernhard,

This looks like what I was searching for. The idea of skipping the first chapter never occurred to me, which i find silly right now.
Thank you very much!

Luka

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:50 pm

The other thing is to find pop/rock songs with arpeggio patterns and practice them. Say 'Dust in the wind' by Kansas, or whatever is your preferred kind of music.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”