dyens tango skai notation question

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
emeraldvalley

dyens tango skai notation question

Post by emeraldvalley » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 pm

in the B section of thepiece ( starts on the G chord) , the last measure before the C section (tagigque ), has an A (second space) gliss to im not sure where following the a are natural harmonic e and a (right hand) the marking ablove them is
"H XXIV which would seem way above the fretboard

also if anyone could recommend best way to notate harmonic and artificial harmonics- i dont like the method where eg in the case of 7,or 9th frets
the string is indicated with position , and the actual pitch is not the same as depcited. for musical reasons i like to see the acutal pitches ,even the correct octaves with 8ve indiations. also how are artificial harmonics depicted where only the melody is this, the lower strings regular, and
a combination of artificial and natural in sequences ? there are so many variations even how the diamond shape is open or filled in.
what is standard if any these days? thanks

wongsteven51

Re: dyens tango skai notation question

Post by wongsteven51 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:04 am

The E and A note harmonics are supposed to be played over the 19th fret of the 5th and 4th string respectively, not the 6th and 5th string. I've never thought about using the 6th and 5th but I suppose it would work if you could get consistent with it. It's a tricky move to get a nice, smooth gliss and get clean harmonics with the right hand at the same time.

Good luck!

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”