1. It is a matter of taste.
2. Some love Californian red and others love French red wine.
etc. and etc.
If you listen carefully to Segovia recordings, his sound is:
- most of the time the phrasing is excellent and very polyphonic.
- nicely placed of vibratos and rubatos.
- powerful and full of 'confidence'
- I am not a big fan of his JS Bach interpretation, but his best is actually in Spanish music....where his roots are:
Listen to his rendering of:
a. Rodrigo's Fandango...amazing rubato and colors
b. Granados' Spanish Dance #10....absolutely beautiful, unsurpassable
c. Granados' La Maja de Goya...simply beautiful, unsurpassable
d. Villa-Lobos Etude #1....simply magical.
When you listen to Segovia's recordings, you simply have to 'pick and choose', and find out where his strength is....