Masterpieces of the repertoire - levels D10 to D12

The 4th collection comprises the scores published by Jean-François Delcamp for levels D10 to D12, as well as transcriptions of Albeniz and Granados. Subscribe to the "020 Usergroup" for permission to download these scores for classical guitar.
Forum rules
Subscribe to the "020 Usergroup" for permission to download these scores for classical guitar.
surreal1989

Re: Masterpieces of the repertoire - levels D10 to D12

Post by surreal1989 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 am

Wow you've got Jean-Philippe Rameau : Gavotte et ses 6 Doubles on it, one of my favorite piece of all time!!! You just made my day.

nerdz1

Post by nerdz1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks for these sheets. A great gift.

mascania

Masterpieces of the repertoire - levels D10 to D12

Post by mascania » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello.

I am just learning my way around this remarkable site. It is so rich with insights, observations, stories and inspiration, I am humbled to be among so much talent, knowledge and experience.

My arrival here is the result of a new commitment to the study of this beautiful instrument. I have been a serious student for twenty five years, but not to the level of performing for more than friends and acquaintances. Mostly, my "study" is really a one-on-one love affair with the wonderful sonic stories composed throughout the centuries and around the world. I cherish the time to learn the pieces and gradually to retell these stories to myself and a few others. I enjoy the feel of the melodies on my fingers and the enchanting resonances through my guitar. It is the ultimate meditation and intimate expression.

My parents were a passionate lovers of all music and raised her children to be the same. They encouraged us to try every instrument and made it possible for us to attend classes, find teachers, try to afford instruments and most of all, discover and relish the joy of playing and performing both classical and popular music. My mother had the greatest love of music and made it a part of her everyday life.
I grew up in a family of dancers, painters, actors and musicians. It was always, "showtime" with her. However, when I practiced guitar, she would always find time to sneak in and listen, no matter how busy the household was. That was many, many years ago, before career and child-raising quietly stole the time away from guitar for me. Every visit though, always meant the presentation of a new piece to her and the joy of her appreciation lasted for days.

In January, I held her soft hand, while my brothers and sisters sang softly along with a recording of one her favorite Beatle songs, "Across the Universe." In the waning light of a late January afternoon, she quietly and peacefully passed away.

Over the past few months, I have prepared an repertoire of her favourite pieces, and have been practising dutifully and happily, the time now somehow available to dedicate to this. My objective is to record these, and share them with my wonderful family. I will take all the time necessary, and love every moment of the process. It is a way to continue my relationship with her, and the soul of my late, wonderful father.

I felt obliged to relate this story, and express my appreciation for the scores. I am happy to know that the favoured piece by Granados is available in level 10, and I look forward to the time that it might be released to me, a relative newcomer.

Mostly, I am glad to be here, to be quiet, observe, learn and just this once, share with you another in what I am sure are countless stories of our passions, connections and life journeys from the heart.

Thank you

Peter

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 pm

What a lovely story, Peter. Welcome to Delcamp! I see you've found your way to the intro page and posted there. It does take a while to find your way around here. :wink: If you get lost, just ask a moderator for help.
I look forward to hearing your recordings of these pieces. You will find that it won't take long to reach the required post number. Just warmly welcome some other new members and you will be able to download pieces from this section very soon. :D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Wayne S

Post by Wayne S » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Peter, that was a very heart felt and eloquently worded story and it shows you to be very deep thinker with compassion and the love of all things that lift the Human spirit. I have a similar story, my older Brother passed away and his memory inspired me to start playing again last year after neglecting my playing for more than 20 years. When I went looking for CG music I found this site and have been motivated ever since. The people here have a kindred spirit and a love for this instrument which they all share.

Good to have you with us on this forum, enjoy your journey. It won't take long before you can download your Granados music.
Cheers, Wayne S.

Amin Kawas

Post by Amin Kawas » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 pm

I was checking D10 to D12, but I can't see other than D10, I'm far away to these levels, but just checking the pieces that included, I know I can't download these scores until I reach the "060 Usergroup" but I have a question, I can check the content for only the D10, what about the D11 and 12 Level? aren't there?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 pm

The volumes for levels D11 and D12 have not yet been compiled, and won't be until M. Delcamp gets the time to do it (it could be several years yet!) Sourcing, editing, typesetting, and proofreading the scores is a time-consuming process, and more so for the more advanced scores. However the collections of scores in that section by Granados and Albeniz do include pieces at levels D10, D11 and D12.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Amin Kawas

Post by Amin Kawas » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 am

GeoffB wrote:The volumes for levels D11 and D12 have not yet been compiled, and won't be until M. Delcamp gets the time to do it (it could be several years yet!) Sourcing, editing, typesetting, and proofreading the scores is a time-consuming process, and more so for the more advanced scores. However the collections of scores in that section by Granados and Albeniz do include pieces at levels D10, D11 and D12.

Geoff
Oh I see!
:merci: and for M. Delcamp :)

elindley

Post by elindley » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 am

... and my heartfelt thanks for all you've done, Mr. Delcamp. I don't see how you can manage to accomplish so much, so it is with awe that I await Level D11. -- Edward
English | Fresno, California | Kenny Hill Signature Double Top | La Bella 2001 Concert Series Extra Hard Tension
"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Sergey Yashkul

Post by Sergey Yashkul » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Jean-Francois,the amount of your work is admirable!! But again, I want to discuss with you the transcription of waltzes Granados. I'm using the record (Julian Bream)... but he does not play waltzes, 2 and 7. I do not know your transcription, but your other transcriptions,they are excellent. I often wondered, waltz № 7 (first bars) whether it is suitable for guitar? We can only simulate the movement, to play two voices in very closely spaced.Best Regards.Sergey.

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Sergey.

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules, then please introduce yourself here for a proper welcome.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

attila57

Post by attila57 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 pm

I wonder hou you get the motivation and energy to do all these fantastic transcriptions.
It's a great job.
Thanks for this. (For the nice site, too.)

Attila :chitarrista: :grire: :merci:
Music to hear, why hear'st thou music sadly?
Sweets with sweets war not, joy delights in joy...

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 8

Adilson

Post by Adilson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello Mr. Delcamp,

Thank you very much for your work.

Greeting
Adilson

Dave the Great

Post by Dave the Great » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:49 am

Hello.

Just checking in to see how D11 and D12 are coming.
And as I and others have previously mentioned - thank you for all your work!

Hedley Timbs

Post by Hedley Timbs » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:22 am

I second the comments made by Pacifica.

I look forward to diving onto these gems. :P

Return to “Scores for classical guitar - D10, D11, D12”