2017-09-30 William Johnston - Newport-on-Tay (SCOTLAND)

WilliamJohnston

2017-09-30 William Johnston - Newport-on-Tay (SCOTLAND)

Post by WilliamJohnston » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Any music lovers around the Dundee and North-East Fife area (and further beyond of course) are more than welcome to come along to a concert of classical guitar and string quartet tomorrow (at time of writing) Saturday 30th September.

Church of Scotland
Blyth Street, Newport-on-Tay
7.30pm
Tickets £5 available at the door
Half time refreshments!

My programme will be split into a 'British' first half and an 'American' second half, including,

Fantasia No. 7 - John Dowland
Touch Her Soft Lips and Part (from Henry V suite) - William Walton which I've arranged and think will be the first to play on solo guitar!
Londonderry Air arr. Toru Takemitsu
The Bucks of Oranmore arr. David Russell

Danza del Altiplano - Leo Brouwer
La Comparsa & Danza Lucumi - Ernesto Lecuonda (Leo Brouwer's grandfather) arr. Manuel Barrueco
Aqua e Vinho - Egberto Gismonti
Vals 4. - Barrios

Plus a special rendition of Maxwell-Davies' Farewell to Stromness for guitar and string quartet which I've also arranged for the occasion!

The Linden Tay Quartet will be playing the Dvorak 'American Quartet' as their featured work in the first half, and the beautiful Nocturne from Borodin's quartet no. 2 alongside a favourite - Barber's Adagio.

Last minute, but it would be great to see some Delcamp members there for an entertaining Saturday night out!
How do you become a millionaire playing jazz?

Start off as a billionaire!

Return to “Archives - Classical Guitar Concerts”