Piotr Panin sheet music where?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Kurt Penner

Piotr Panin sheet music where?

Post by Kurt Penner » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Piotr Panin's Russian Sketches including Eskimo Dance? These pieces intrigued me since I first heard them on the Liona Boyd album "Live in Tokyo." I have already searched the GSI and SBM websites with no luck.

KP

SeanWinkler

Re: Piotr Panin sheet music where?

Post by SeanWinkler » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Editions Orphee web site. I can't post a direct link here, but there is a "Special Sale" link just above the link for the Russian 7-string guitar strings on the home page.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

John Kemp

Post by John Kemp » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 pm

I have the Editions Orphee "The Russian Collection Volume 5 Music by Soviet Composers", Ed. Matanya Ophee (sic). Panin's mother is Inuit - a Russian Eskimo from the far North East, a stones throw from Alaska which was Russian territory until the Americans bought it for $7,200,000 in 1867. A self-taught composer, Panin has written over 250 guitar works including 4 concertos. This collection has two substantial pieces by Panin in it - "Exotic Picture" and "Dedications". I can't see any of his other works in the Orphee catalogue. By the way, I hope you like my Debussy. Persevere with it and you will see that the fingering makes sense!

SeanWinkler

Post by SeanWinkler » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 am

John Kemp wrote:I can't see any of his other works in the Orphee catalogue.
The Panin I referenced isn't in the main catalog. You need to go to the main home page for Editions Orphee (the basic .com domain name), and follow the info I posted above.

Or, append "/assorted_items/assorted.html" to the primary domain and you will find Panin's Tableaux d'Une Exposition listed.
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”