Villa Lobos W040 Simples(Mazurka)

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Chantysboy7

Villa Lobos W040 Simples(Mazurka)

Post by Chantysboy7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 am

I've been trying to find the sheet music to this piece by Villa Lobos to no avail. I'm wondering if anybody out there has a lead on it. I would really like to learn it. I like this so much better than the later version of Mazurka-Choro.

tateharmann

Re: Villa Lobos W040 Simples(Mazurka)

Post by tateharmann » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 am

I've done a Google search for "Villa Lobos W040 Simples" and the second result for me is a link to the score on museopen. Check it out..
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

Chantysboy7

Post by Chantysboy7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 am

That's the original manuscript. I was looking for a more modern printing of it.

tateharmann

Post by tateharmann » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:04 am

You could get Musescore and make your own from the original :)
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

Kenbobpdx

Post by Kenbobpdx » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:24 pm

It is actually an incomplete or earlier version of the Mazurka from the Suite Populaire Bresilienne. Look for the Suite.
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

Vlasic1

Post by Vlasic1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:09 am

It took me a few hours but I made this from the manuscript we have, tell me if you see any mistakes, also if anyone wants to work through this piece and reply with some fingerings I'll add them and reupload it to musescore.

(link removed for copyright reasons)

edit: link is removed, but I added the title of this topic as a tag to the musescore page, if you paste that into google followed by "musescore" you should be able to find it :D
Last edited by Vlasic1 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chantysboy7

Post by Chantysboy7 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Wow! That's amazing that you did this. Thank you.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Please bear in mind that the music of Villa Lobos is still protected by copyright and will remain so until 2030, so the forum rules do not allow members to offer or to link to scores or arrangements of his works.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Chantysboy7

Post by Chantysboy7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi GeoffB,
I was looking at the website that has the original score and they have written about this particular piece, "As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well."
Since it was published in 1911, does that make it public domain?
I'm not challenging you, I'm just trying to learn how this stuff works.
Thanks for any info!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 am

It's a complicated area and I'm certainly not an expert on copyright, but since this is an international forum we generally go by the copyright law in the native country of the composer, Brazil in this case, and my understanding is that copyright there applies for 70 years after the composer's death, regardless of publication date, and that no registration is necessary.

The important thing to bear in mind is that this forum is hosted in France, where copyright is very rigorously enforced. France is a fellow signatory with Brazil to the Berne Convention which guarantees reciprocal respect for the copyright laws of all signatories, so that's the one we need to follow here, even though copyright law is very different (and complex!) in the USA and it's true that things may be in the public domain there when they are still copyrighted elsewhere.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Chantysboy7

Post by Chantysboy7 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Oh, I see. Thanks so much for the clarification!

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”