Arajuanez reduction for solo guitar

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Bill

Arajuanez reduction for solo guitar

Post by Bill » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Has anyone run across a reduction for solo guitar of the first movement of the Arajuanez? Thanks, Bill

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Re: Arajuanez reduction for solo guitar

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Do you mean orchestra part and guitar part all on one guitar? Man, that would be hard!

mc1

Post by mc1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:42 pm

i've only seen the adagio for solo guitar. a quick search didn't turn anything up.

Bill

Post by Bill » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:18 pm

I was thinking of an arrangement which captures the overall feel, but for solo guitar. It would definitely be a reduction/treatment and probably one of those guilty pleasures we only play in the privacy of our own company.

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:42 pm

The only person I know of who has done such an arrangement is Remi Boucher.

Youtube
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

David Belcher

Post by David Belcher » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:44 pm

And not to start anything, but, for me personally, I think "reduction" is indeed the word for this—despite Boucher's obvious skill and artistry.
"In music I think it's very, very dangerous if you start to compare and say, 'This is good, this is not good, this is only one possibility' . . . there are so many possibilities, but what is important is to be open to that." - Pavel Steidl

rg.2714

Post by rg.2714 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:26 pm

I remember once I was listening to variations on a theme by Mozart and I remember thinking " the day I can play that I'll be a guitar master! " years later I learned it and boy was I wrong. . Watching this video confirms I'm nowhere near mastering the guitar. the path continues (:

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”