Nicola Jappelli

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Nicola Jappelli

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Does anyone know if any sheet music of the music of Nicola Jappelli is available anywhere for purchase? Thanks.

Babak

Re: Nicola Jappelli

Post by Babak » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Denian Arcoleo wrote:Does anyone know if any sheet music of the music of Nicola Jappelli is available anywhere for purchase? Thanks.
He is one of the most talented contemporary composers in my opinion. One of my favorite composers among many other interesting composers of contemporary italian school including Angelo Gilardino, Alfredo Franco, Niccio D'Angelo, Simone Iannarelli, Marco Gammanossi and ... . I've been following his works for a few years and I bought almost all of his solo works I could find, so I think I can answer your question.
Most of his finest works were published by Daminus editions in germany, including:
-"Sectional Drawings" (his finest work in my opinion)
-"Sharp outlines" (an exquisite masterpiece based on a motif from Cesar Franck's prelude, chorale and fugue)
-"Light Frameworks" (probably his most famous piece)
-"Sei intonazioni" (six miniature pieces inspired by italian renaissance organ music)
And two chamber pieces for guitar and wind instruments. Unfortunately they have shut down their business and these pieces are out of print now (as far as I know).
Ut Orpheus has recently published "Overshadow", a great piece recorded by Andrea Dieci.
Many of his early compositions (pre-2000s) have been published by Sinfonica Edizioni Musicali in his hometown, Milan. Here is a list of them:
-"4 Studi" (I don't like the second etude but the other three are brilliant)
-"Traghedia Vals" (Great piece, more dissonant than his other works. A good rendition by Bruno Giuffredi has been posted on youtube. This piece is available for free download at sinfonica.com)
-"Su echi di Mompou" (Published in ANTOLOGIA DI MUSICA CONTEMPORANEA (II) by bruno Giuffredi. This is the only one I didn't buy. It is recorded by Eugenio Becherucci.)
-4 easy short pieces (published in RACCOLTA DI FACILI COMPOSIZIONI CONTEMPORANEE i and ii by Bruno Giuffredi) including "Decoration de Table", "Istantanea", "Maquette Industrielle" and the most interesting one "Piccolo Intermezzo" a beatuiful impressionist piece that quotes a motif from shostakovich's 5th symphony.
-Two other pieces for 2 and 4 guitars.
Other than these a guitar duet (Fly Far Away) recorded by Andrea Dieci and Jappelli himself is available for purchase at VP Music Media. "Nuages Gris" is another piece inspired by a piano piece with the same title by Franz Liszt which was published in the polish guitar magazine, Sześć Strun Świata and is available for free download (http://www.szescstrunswiata.pl/numer0-en.php).
Also, in his personal website Rugginenti is listed as one of his publishers. But I contacted them and they said they don't even know him.
Hope it was helpful!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Hello Babak,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for that detailed information! If you would like to stick around and participate, could I invite you to introduce yourself here?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:17 am

That is fantastic Babak, many thanks. I shall follow up your leads.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”