Une Jeune Pucelle

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Claughton

Une Jeune Pucelle

Postby Claughton » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:57 pm

I am trying to find a good guitar arrangement of this piece. I have found a guy playing a rather nice version on the guitar in a YouTube video but so far I have not been able to find sheet music. Can anyone help ?

pogmoor

Re: Une Jeune Pucelle

Postby pogmoor » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:31 pm

I've never seen a guitar arrangement of this, but it's an old French tune that has spread to many countries. There's a lute version in the Saizenay manuscript, an English version by Anthony Holborne under the title The Queen's Almain and it's even spread to Canada as The Huron Carol. You can find a staff notation arrangement of the Huron Carol online and you could make this into a guitar arrangement without too much difficulty. Who is playing it on YouTube - I couldn't find a guitar version there?
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

Claughton

Postby Claughton » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for your reply Pogmoor (or do you prefer Eric?) . Much appreciated.
Here is the youtube guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFzyBenEnA not the best quality but a place to start I guess.

BTW I note your general interest in the Baroque and Renaissance period. I did place an enquiry on here regarding a guitar version for the medieval carol Gaudete but I got no response. I am still looking for a decent guitar arrangement if you have any suggestions I'd be grateful.

pogmoor

Postby pogmoor » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Claughton wrote:Here is the youtube guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZFzyBenEnA not the best quality but a place to start I guess.

Ok, that link leads to the Huron Carol version of the tune, and if you go to that guy's website (seriousguitar.com) you can find the tab plus notation for his version (click on Free Guitar Tabs and then Christmas Guitar).
Claughton wrote: I did place an enquiry on here regarding a guitar version for the medieval carol Gaudete but I got no response. I am still looking for a decent guitar arrangement if you have any suggestions I'd be grateful.

You can find this if you Google 'Gaudete Tab' - one of the links you find is for Easy Guitar with Tab which has a fairly straightforward arrangement of the tune.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”