gnossienne no.1 arrangement

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
RuairiG

gnossienne no.1 arrangement

Post by RuairiG » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ajqramV1w

does anyone know which arrangement of the piece this is?
thanks for the help

Kurt Penner

Re: gnossienne no.1 arrangement

Post by Kurt Penner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:27 am

I don't know who made that arrangement. But if you have any arranging skills, I highly encourage making your own. This is probably the easiest transcription from piano to guitar you could find. Start by transposing down from the original key of F minor to E minor. Or just put a capo on the first fret. The majority of the piece is just vamping an open Eminor chord while playing melody on the first string. Beyond that, there are only two other chords to deal with, namely Bminor and A minor.

Not the answer you may be looking for but for some it would be well worth the try.

KP

richard3

Post by richard3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:45 pm

it sounds similar to the arrangement made by Roland Dyens.
IT is in his book "Mes arrangements a l'amiable" , Editions Henry Lemoine.
Jose Luis Romanillos 1988, Matthias Dammann 1994, Gernot Wagner 2009, Teodoro Perez Flamenca 2015

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm

RuairiG wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ajqramV1w

does anyone know which arrangement of the piece this is?
thanks for the help
I'm not sure, but Bridget Mermikides includes a very nice arrangement of this piece (and many others) in her excellent volume entitled "Classical Guitar Compendium", published by Hal Leonard.

~Sean

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”