Best arrangement Purcell's Chaconne?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Erik Zurcher

Best arrangement Purcell's Chaconne?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 pm

I am looking for arrangements of Purcell's Chaconne (from the Fairy Queen). I own arrangements by Carlos Bonell and José de Azpiazu. Can anyone recommend other arrangements?
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Altophile

Re: Best arrangement Purcell's Chaconne?

Post by Altophile » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:50 am

Erik Zurcher wrote:I am looking for arrangements of Purcell's Chaconne (from the Fairy Queen). I own arrangements by Carlos Bonell and José de Azpiazu. Can anyone recommend other arrangements?
I really like Bonell's arrangement, so that's the one I would have recommended. What don't you like about it?

~Sean

Erik Zurcher

Re: Best arrangement Purcell's Chaconne?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:31 pm

I use Bonell's arrangement, it's the Azpiazu one that I don't like.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”