Magnificat, by John Michael Talbot

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Altophile

Magnificat, by John Michael Talbot

Post by Altophile » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:14 am

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a solo guitar arrangement of "Magnificat: Prelude of Faith/Holy is His Name", by John Michael Talbot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0yzZZ4e87c

~Sean

Altophile

Re: Magnificat, by John Michael Talbot

Post by Altophile » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Well, after 120 views but no response I'm going to guess that there are no arrangements of this piece available anywhere!

I wish my old guitar teacher, Gregory Scott, were still alive, because he could listen to a tune like this and come up with a wonderful arrangement by ear in a couple hours. He was a genius with a pitch-perfect ear. He did a chord-melody version of Sleepwalk that was outstanding; I've never heard the piece sound better! Alas, I will never reach that level. I've often tweaked and revise arrangements, and sometimes I incorporate the best of several while adding a bit here and there of my own, but I just don't have the talent to arrange a beautiful piece like this from scratch and do it justice:-(

~Sean

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”