Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
LBrandt
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by LBrandt » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Looking for this Weiss piece. Part of Suite.

tnn
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by tnn » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Are you looking for the piece played by Bradford Werner and Rick Lord on YouTube (found via search on "weiss e minor sarabande")? If so, Michael Lorimer's edition appears to be available from spanishguitar.com (found via search on "weiss e minor sonata lorimer"). I have a copy of that edition and can verify that its sarabande is the piece played in the videos I mentioned.

If not, could you provide a link to a performance (if that's indeed where you came across the piece).

Rob

LBrandt
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by LBrandt » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:06 pm

tnn wrote:Are you looking for the piece played by Bradford Werner and Rick Lord on YouTube (found via search on "weiss e minor sarabande")? If so, Michael Lorimer's edition appears to be available from spanishguitar.com (found via search on "weiss e minor sonata lorimer"). I have a copy of that edition and can verify that its sarabande is the piece played in the videos I mentioned.

If not, could you provide a link to a performance (if that's indeed where you came across the piece).

Rob
Rob,

Thanks! Yes, that seems to be the one. I've never ordered anything from the UK before, so I don't know whether that's the best (or only) place to get the sheet music.

Louis

tnn
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by tnn » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 am

LBrandt wrote:
tnn wrote:Are you looking for the piece played by Bradford Werner and Rick Lord on YouTube (found via search on "weiss e minor sarabande")? If so, Michael Lorimer's edition appears to be available from spanishguitar.com (found via search on "weiss e minor sonata lorimer"). I have a copy of that edition and can verify that its sarabande is the piece played in the videos I mentioned.

If not, could you provide a link to a performance (if that's indeed where you came across the piece).

Rob
Rob,

Thanks! Yes, that seems to be the one. I've never ordered anything from the UK before, so I don't know whether that's the best (or only) place to get the sheet music.

Louis
When I can't find a piece in the US (Strings by Mail and GSP are my principal sources), I use spanishguitar.com. They're very helpful, have a huge stock of music that's reasonably priced, and shipping is quick and not outrageously expensive.

LBrandt
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by LBrandt » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks again, Rob. I'll give them a try.

Louis

soltirefa
Posts: 1406
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by soltirefa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:25 am

You can find the same suite in Frederick Noad's Baroque Book.

LBrandt
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Looking for Weiss Sarabande in E minor

Post by LBrandt » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:12 am

soltirefa wrote:You can find the same suite in Frederick Noad's Baroque Book.
Thanks. I'll look for that.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”