Tarrega - Malats

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Tarrega - Malats

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 am

I asked this once before - some years ago now but there may be knew knowledge on the board. Simple question ...

... does anyone know the source of the manuscript from which Tárrega's arrangement of the "Serenata" (No.2 "Impresiones de España") is derived?

I have all the commonly available versions - the Leckie MSS, arrangements by Fortea, Azpiazu etc. Also Sinopoli's which incorporates both revisions by him and additions not present in the Leckie MSS but attributed to Tárrega elsewhere.

I'd also be pleased to find piano (or orchestral) editions of the last two movements, "La Siesta" and "Final" - already tried a number of libraries during visits to Spain to no avail.

bert

Re: Tarrega - Malats

Post by bert » Sun May 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 am
... does anyone know the source of the manuscript from which Tárrega's arrangement of the "Serenata" (No.2 "Impresiones de España") is derived?
You mean this?

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Re: Tarrega - Malats

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 pm

bert wrote:
Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:... does anyone know the source of the manuscript from which Tárrega's arrangement of the "Serenata" (No.2 "Impresiones de España") is derived?
You mean this?
Well - yes and no Bert - that's the piece certainly but really not what I'm looking for - I obviously wasn't clear.

I am trying to track down a Tárrega MS. No one seems to know of it and I'm beginning to think that what we understand to be his version is actually a mish-mash cobbled together by Segovia using bits from the Leckie MSS, Fortea and so on.

Following your link to IMSLP - the two copies of "Impresiones de España" to be found there include only the first two movements which I already have.

Thanks for trying.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”