Give Me Your Hand / Tabhair dom do Lámh / Da mihi manum

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
amy3000

Give Me Your Hand / Tabhair dom do Lámh / Da mihi manum

Post by amy3000 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:15 am

This is an Irish song attributed to Ruairi Dall O’Cathain, c. 1570-c.1650. There are many lovely renditions on youtube played by ensembles, harpists, various other instrumentalists. There's one guitar arrangement I found but I didn't love it. I'm wondering if anyone has come across an arrangement of this. I am thinking that this should perhaps be my first effort at arranging something. Apparently O’Cathain and O’Carolan were rivals.

Pat Hargan

Re: Give Me Your Hand / Tabhair dom do Lámh / Da mihi manum

Post by Pat Hargan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am

They cannot have been rivals: they were not even contemporaries. Carolan was not born till 1670.
Raimundo 660E - D'Addario Pro Arté EJ45 Normal Tension

amy3000

Post by amy3000 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:41 am

That's what I get for believing what I read on the internet without verification. You caught me spreading "alternative" facts. Thanks for the facts, Pat.

Paul5

Post by Paul5 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Allan Allexander has an arrangement (with a variation) in his book A Treasury of Celtic Music for Guitar. If you google guitar and lute you will find his site.
Cheers
Paul

amy3000

Post by amy3000 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:06 am

Thanks Paul. I have another book of his of Celtic music but it looks like the one you are referring to is newer.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”