Sheep may safely graze

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
davekear

Sheep may safely graze

Post by davekear » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Anyone know where I can get a rendition of Sheep may safely graze (Bach), that isn't Parkening's version? I love that transcription, and I do play that one, but it's such a hassle. Got to tune your A to a G, E to a C, cross fret bar etc. Just looking for a little bit simpler version. Love that tune.

Altophile

Re: Sheep may safely graze

Post by Altophile » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:36 am

davekear wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:46 pm
Anyone know where I can get a rendition of Sheep may safely graze (Bach), that isn't Parkening's version? I love that transcription, and I do play that one, but it's such a hassle. Got to tune your A to a G, E to a C, cross fret bar etc. Just looking for a little bit simpler version. Love that tune.
Yes, Per-Olov Kindgren pulled off quite a feat by taking this piece, which is notoriously difficult to arrange well on the guitar, and made an arrangement that's full, rich, and reasonably playable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NISKdxuKQfs

There's a link below the video to his site where you can purchase his arrangement, along with lots of other goodies:-)

~Sean

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:42 am

Pete Smyster has done an even easier arrangement that is available for purchase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvkmzDMK6U

~Sean

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

This one is very nice as well, but I don't see anything suggesting that it's available for purchase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6inqsN0Rwo

~Sean

Charles Mokotoff

Post by Charles Mokotoff » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:38 am

Altophile wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am
This one is very nice as well, but I don't see anything suggesting that it's available for purchase:

~Sean
Damn, that guy is good! Who is he? :lol:
PM me for suggestions on how to get at this arrangement.

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 pm

I believe that Charles did his own arrangement, using minamihuhu's as a starting point.

davekear

Post by davekear » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Altophile wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

~Sean
Thanks a lot! Appreciate it.

davekear

Post by davekear » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks, some good choices here. Maybe I won't have to jump through Parkening's hoops every time I need to play this tune. Actually his version is great, but you really have to stay on top of it. (Go through all those brain and left hand contortions).

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am

davekear wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:49 pm
Thanks, some good choices here. Maybe I won't have to jump through Parkening's hoops every time I need to play this tune. Actually his version is great, but you really have to stay on top of it. (Go through all those brain and left hand contortions).
The one Parkening plays, which was arranged by Rick Foster, is simply impossible for me. It's a hand-crippling, tennis elbow inducing demon.

~Sean

davekear

Post by davekear » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Altophile wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am
davekear wrote:
The one Parkening plays, which was arranged by Rick Foster, is simply impossible for me. It's a hand-crippling, tennis elbow inducing demon.

~Sean
I had it down pretty well at one time, but if you don't stay on top of it, it vanishes. The one that got me, from the same book, was "Prelude # 6". Gave me tendonitis. I've never fully recovered. :)

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 pm

davekear wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:14 pm
Altophile wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am
davekear wrote:

~Sean
I had it down pretty well at one time, but if you don't stay on top of it, it vanishes. The one that got me, from the same book, was "Prelude # 6". Gave me tendonitis. I've never fully recovered. :)
Well that's a coincidence, because attempting pieces that were out of my range gave me crippling tendonitis that forced me to stop playing for nearly two decades! Even now I can't practice enough to get respectably good. One of these days I'll get a digital piano and give my hands a break:-)

~Sean

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”