Tárrega

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Tárrega

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Another one of my impossible requests:

I'm looking for the earliest source of Tárrega's simple waltz in D major; the one that begins with a slurred chromatic anacrusis of four-notes beginning on F#.

The earliest published edition appears to be that from the Ildefonso Alier (IA) catalogue of posthumous works, but I suspect that there are other sources as different versions are in print. For instance, the Carfagna/Gangi edition from Berben features a phrase in 6ths which elsewhere consists of a simpler, single line melody harmonised using one chord. There are also obvious errors in the harmony preceding this passage, harmonics appear where there are none in IA and 3rds are occasionally rendered as single notes.

Many, perhaps most, "web" versions (like the one here on Delcamp) seem to have simply been copied from existing printed editions such as the aforementioned IA, Zen On etc. with no reference either to sources or to error correction. I'm not interested in those thanks.

I'm particularly curious about the derivation of the Gangi material as it invokes a slightly more complex harmony (albeit rendered incorrectly).

So - anybody aware of a different published version or perhaps a manuscript?

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”