Drimindoo: Traditional Irish

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Altophile

Drimindoo: Traditional Irish

Post by Altophile » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Does anyone know of a 'performance edition' of Drimindoo? I found a very basic version in "50 Easy Irish Favorites for Classical Guitar", and immediately thought that this piece would lend itself very nicely to a more extended version with variations.

simonm

Re: Drimindoo: Traditional Irish

Post by simonm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm

I have never heard of this tune before. Most internet searches seem to lead to the collection you mention and the only youtube version seems to be from that collection. The melody in absolute basic form is in one of two places but you would have to do the complete arrangement.

Altophile

Re: Drimindoo: Traditional Irish

Post by Altophile » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:22 pm

simonm wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm
I have never heard of this tune before. Most internet searches seem to lead to the collection you mention and the only youtube version seems to be from that collection. The melody in absolute basic form is in one of two places but you would have to do the complete arrangement.
I found a total of two instances of the piece so far, the one in the guitar anthology and one for violin. So far, no "theme with variations", even though, to me at least, the piece cries out for such treatment.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”