music for voice and guitar operatic etc

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
emeraldvalley

music for voice and guitar operatic etc

Post by emeraldvalley » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:22 pm

I am looking for sources of arrangments for guitar and high soprano voice of excerpts from operatic pieces - Puccini, BIzet, Verdi Mozart etc ,
otherwise i will try and transcribe the acompaniments if it works on guitar.
I also plan to do some of the traditional gtr/voice Villa Lobos, Rodgrigo, Dowland . I found some Schubert lieder,
Any other suggestions would be helpful, as the singer im working with is very accomplished.
also would like an arrangment of voice and gtr Ave Maria (Schubert) for soprano voice

thank you
Ray

celestemcc

Re: music for voice and guitar operatic etc

Post by celestemcc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Not from opera, but very high quality: Domenico Argento's "Letters From the Composers". Written for guitar and soprano. Based on actual letters by Bach, Schumann, et al. Contemporary tonal music; needs a soprano who can do lieder and opera. Your soprano will likely love these, and they're great fun too.

Also remember the excellent transcription of Bachianas Brasilieras of Villa Lobos for guitar and soprano. A chestnut, yes, but she needs to be good. (Parkening recorded this with Kathleen Battle.)

Something lighter, but gorgeous: Four French Folk Songs, Mathyas Seiber, guitar and high voice. May be hard to find, but absolutely gorgeous pieces, haunting melodies, one is quite amusing too.
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 am

On the Strings by Mail site, go to sheet music/ensembles/guitar in duet/guitar & voice. I'm sure you'll find lots of stuff you can use. I hope you'll consider one of my favorites, Bachianas Brasileiras #5 by Villa Lobos. I don't know if SBM has it, but GSP does.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 pm

You might want to try contacting Christopher Parkening, as he did two CDs with Kathleen Battle. I don't remember whether those recordings included opera, though. Kathleen was an opera star, but their joint collaboration many have included primarily spirituals.

I guess I should check before making hasty recommendations!

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”